Pickerel tank mate idea

PatrickMW36

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2016
Chicago
So I currently have my two Redfin Pickerel housed by themselves. I was planning on putting some stone cats (Noturus flavus) in there. They both stay about the same size and the RFP stay up top and the stone cats are bottom dwellers so i think it would work out fine. Just wanted some feedback on this. I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any issues. I was going to make sure there are plenty of structures i.e. Caves dens for the cats. I also wanted to know how many of them I should put in there. I was thinking 2 or 3 so they would have a small group. I'd appreciate any thoughts or feedback thanks!

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Yeah this should work , u can also do silver dollars, Altum Angels or African butterfly fish depending on temp and tank size

PatrickMW36

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2016
Chicago
Yeah this should work , u can also do silver dollars, Altum Angels or African butterfly fish depending on temp and tank size
I've never kept silver dollars but I've always found them appealing fish. If I were to go that rout what's the minimum size school they should be kept in. 4 of them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store