Picking the right tank size for a solo fish

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Gonna eat it lol. Can't keep it with the FH's or the angelfish or the endler/guppies or the convict. Lol doesn't mean I didn't think about it tho.
Haha, ya that’s a cool looking fish, tough choice but a win-win

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Haha, ya that’s a cool looking fish, tough choice but a win-win
Yeah he was roughly the same size as my largest FH. I tried native fish with cichlids before and more often then not it just doesn't work. Lol let alone with the FH with how murderous she's turned out to be.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Yeah he was roughly the same size as my largest FH. I tried native fish with cichlids before and more often then not it just doesn't work. Lol let alone with the FH with how murderous she's turned out to be.
I wouldn’t try a sunfish with a FH, my Warmouth does fine with my severum and pike cichlid tho. There’s a little bickering with the severum but nothing major

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I wouldn’t try a sunfish with a FH, my Warmouth does fine with my severum and pike cichlid tho. There’s a little bickering with the severum but nothing major
If it was a 500g and the majority being native fish then I could see it being possible to keep a FH with em. I would imagine it would be allot like keeping em with silver dollars. But no as she is atm she's a solo pet, only fish she never killed was the convict.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
If it was a 500g and the majority being native fish then I could see it being possible to keep a FH with em. I would imagine it would be allot like keeping em with silver dollars. But no as she is atm she's a solo pet, only fish she never killed was the convict.
I would imagine a large green or bluegill would be a match for a FH. I got rid of a bluegill cuz nearly killed a male Texas and had the rest up in the corner refusing to come out to eat. That would be a cool 500g.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
I would imagine a large green or bluegill would be a match for a FH. I got rid of a bluegill cuz nearly killed a male Texas and had the rest up in the corner refusing to come out to eat. That would be a cool 500g.
Lucky, all the bluegill I ever tried always got picked apart by the cichlids I had. Only native fish I had luck with really were catfish lol.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Lucky, all the bluegill I ever tried always got picked apart by the cichlids I had. Only native fish I had luck with really were catfish lol.
Maybe I just had a mean one, I’ve only kept bluegill and warmouth. I bought them from Sachs instead of catching them tho

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Maybe I just had a mean one, I’ve only kept bluegill and warmouth. I bought them from Sachs instead of catching them tho
Ahh yeah that might be the difference too because I catch all my native fish, atleast so far, I have plans on ordering some dollar sunfish at some point down the road.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Ahh yeah that might be the difference too because I catch all my native fish, atleast so far, I have plans on ordering some dollar sunfish at some point down the road.
I’ve thought about dollars , they look cool but the only place I could put them is with my peacocks, I think it would work but I like the look of an all Hap tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store