Pike Cichlid has grown too large

Marcus13

Feeder Fish
Jul 5, 2019
Hello all. I bought a pike cichlid about two years ago, without knowing much about them. Since then the little two inch fish has grown into a 12" monster in my 30 gallon tank. I know this is too small of a tank and doesn't help that there are also three blood parrot cichlids in there as well.

It's not really fun watching them anymore as they're just too big to swim around and luckily the parrot cichlids don't fit in the pike's mouth otherwise they would have been eaten a while ago. I don't have much room in my apartment so getting a new tank or even a second tank isn't an option.

Any recommendations on what I should do about the pike? I don't even know how I would go about getting rid of her if I wanted to so feeling a bit trapped with this monster.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Post for rehoming in the mfk marketplace. Can also post on fb for rehoming (free). Usually can beat the price of free. I’m sure someone will take it off ur hands.

Reactions: tlindsey

-Die4U-

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2019
You could take it to your local fish store. Most good FISH stores will give you store credit for it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store