Pike Cichlids!! WOOT!!

SteveL91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2005
NJ
Peanut_Power, when did you have Xingu III? Any info on water parameters when they laid eggs?

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
NICE!! Yup, thats what i thought they looked like! Those are the best color strain of marms out there in my opinion. LOVE the Rio Tapajos marms. WOW! I'm gettin at least three of them!! :D I have to agree though, i am starting to like lents. more now that I have seen more pictures of them...lol....they have a lot more red and kewl stuff than marms. But marms definately hold their own. My water parameters when i got my xingu III to breed was about 6.8 pH...moderately soft, i had been feedin them live earthworms and live prawns....pinchers removed. This really beefed up the female. You could easily tell she was gravid cuz she was PLUMP. They did get aggressive as hell though when they laid eggs. It was in my 125. And yes, the male almost killed my female two or three times....luckily i had a few hidin spots small enough for her. I used this HUGE clay pot thingy inverted. It already had holes in it big enough for them to fit through. Definately try the light thing. Before you do it though do a water change, drop the temp about 4 degrees at least. Then do the lights. That should get a reaction... ;)

shekes

Jessica Rabbit
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2005
Toon Town
Nice fish! Do they dig a lot?

My semifasciata female is a record excavator. She transports tablespoons of gravel and shells close to her own weight, rendering the UGF useless overnight.

Peanut_Power

MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
You scared me with those first set of pictures cuz i thought you were posting pictures of the marms...lol.....whew!! I was like....NOOOOOO! I don't want them if they look like that. but then it dawned on me what they were...lol.....silly me.

Peanut_Power

MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
BTW....I'm probably gonna pick up the last of Rapps 'redfaced lugubris' as well!! :D That'll give me three species of pikes! gettin up there yo! Now all i need is lent, atabapo, cobra, and flame....then I'll definately have a kickin collection! ;) although gettin some vitta and percna are on the list as well!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store