Piraiba pictures

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
You stole the fish at that price. It's a classic capepretum. Still have it now. Do you have pictures of it later on in life as well?
Hey Wes, I no longer have this cat, sold it to a friend of mine who then grew it out to 22-24" range. Before getting killed by a breeding pair of dovii! :(

Here's the only pic I have of it before it died. Head & body grew pretty wide and broad.

filamentosum.jpg

filamentosum.jpg

SirCatfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Brooklyn
I have what has been deemed a caprepretum 18". Beautiful active fish. Just looked at the picture on the boat and I've noticed that the "nose" everyone talks about on the caps as opposed to the sloped almost undershot jaw of the "filas" is present on this large piraiba. I've seen photos of large slant faced as well as large "nose" bump face. Anyone else have any thoughts on this. I've heard whisker lengths and spot size and everything to determine. But looking at the face of this fish, I don't see the slant faced no nose filamentosum, I see the nose of the "caprepretum"

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I have what has been deemed a caprepretum 18". Beautiful active fish. Just looked at the picture on the boat and I've noticed that the "nose" everyone talks about on the caps as opposed to the sloped almost undershot jaw of the "filas" is present on this large piraiba. I've seen photos of large slant faced as well as large "nose" bump face. Anyone else have any thoughts on this. I've heard whisker lengths and spot size and everything to determine. But looking at the face of this fish, I don't see the slant faced no nose filamentosum, I see the nose of the "caprepretum"

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
What you're describing sounds more like an issue of the fish smashing into the side of the tank rather than a morphological issue. Pics would help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store