Piranha vs channa

DarthRhom

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2006
New Jersey
I'm not offended at all, I'm also not going to get into a pissing match with you over it. I find it hard to believe that on a site dedicated to large predatory fish that you've never fed live but ok.
I will say it's not so far fetched for people to be interested in such things. Shark week is popular because people are captivated watching a large predator hunt and eat seals, tunas and even humans. They find beauty in the brutality of nature.

Atfownz

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
Here
You are definitely one confused man Darthrhom.. Shark week is dedicated to shark experts and scientists to collaboratively work together to learn more about sharks to educate the public such as to alleviate issues such as the number of shark attacks on beach shores where more often than not are heavily populated by people enjoying the waters. Shark week is NEVER dedicated to people just watching a large predator hunt and eat food. You must be pretty ignorant to believe that is why shark week is popular. This continues to show how incompetent you are DarthRhom DarthRhom

Sure its nice to know how the great white uses its two tones to hunt prey from below and actually filming of such but shark week to my understanding is not just for this purpose. I feel that its more for a platform to share recent discoveries, technologies, and etc to help with common shark misconceptions and such.

Boomer1224

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2017
You are definitely one confused man Darthrhom.. Shark week is dedicated to shark experts and scientists to collaboratively work together to learn more about sharks to educate the public such as to alleviate issues such as the number of shark attacks on beach shores where more often than not are heavily populated by people enjoying the waters. Shark week is NEVER dedicated to people just watching a large predator hunt and eat food. You must be pretty ignorant to believe that is why shark week is popular. This continues to show how incompetent you are DarthRhom DarthRhom

Sure its nice to know how the great white uses its two tones to hunt prey from below and actually filming of such but shark week to my understanding is not just for this purpose. I feel that its more for a platform to share recent discoveries, technologies, and etc to help with common shark misconceptions and such.
just like the piranha

DarthRhom

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2006
New Jersey
I'm no expert on Shark Week but i've caught a few episodes. I saw a story about a warship that was sunk in WW2 and the survivors were in water for a few days before they were rescued and their ordeal with the sharks preying on them. That was the basis of the entire episode.
Again my point, Shark Week sells because people are interested in the predatory behavior. Its the brutality that gets the views. It's a normal human response, predators are fascinating.
So when I say some people may be interested in seeing which predator is more alpha, I'm not just some idiot who knows nothing.

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
I'm not offended at all, I'm also not going to get into a pissing match with you over it. I find it hard to believe that on a site dedicated to large predatory fish that you've never fed live but ok.
I will say it's not so far fetched for people to be interested in such things. Shark week is popular because people are captivated watching a large predator hunt and eat seals, tunas and even humans. They find beauty in the brutality of nature.

But where's the logic in what you're try say.... Clearly ur a THICK ASS FOOL!!!

This video is there purely to entertain a SICK indivdual!!! The analogy you're making with feeding live fish makes no sense at all... That action is designed (right or wrong) for feeding... This video is not! its about sport... like dog fighting/badger baiting/cock fighting etc....

Go back to ur swamp you idiot!!

Reactions: Atfownz

DarthRhom

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2006
New Jersey
But where's the logic in what you're try say.... Clearly ur a THICK ASS FOOL!!!

This video is there purely to entertain a SICK indivdual!!! The analogy you're making with feeding live fish makes no sense at all... That action is designed (right or wrong) for feeding... This video is not! its about sport... like dog fighting/badger baiting/cock fighting etc....

Go back to ur swamp you idiot!!
I disagree with the assessment that we only feed live out of necessity and not for our entertainment. My point being who are we to judge. Right or wrong its ALL unnecessary at the end of the day.

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
I disagree with the assessment that we only feed live out of necessity and not for our entertainment. My point being who are we to judge. Right or wrong its ALL unnecessary at the end of the day.
The video has nothing to do with feeding fish. Any defense or justification of the video by referring to feeding fish is completely misplaced.

The only point of the video is to watch fish fight. It's absolutely the same as dog fighting. Trying to justify it on some "we are all molecules" or "death awaits us all" philosophy may sound appealing to the less experienced but it's totally off base.

It's a sad fact that some people enjoy watching animals suffer. I get it. This a wonderful video for those people. Thankfully, most people find it disgusting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atfownz and J. H.

DarthRhom

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2006
New Jersey
I get what you're saying about the video. My point is when you feed live, hunt, fish, etc etc you are also subjecting an animal to suffering. Many people would consider the very nature of our hobby cruel.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I think we all have a side that likes to see a good fight. I personally didn't like the one sided bashing in the video, but I think I can understand the mentality where someone would decide this was a good idea. You can look at betta fighting, does that bother you? You also have to understand that different cultures may have different values. When I play football, I like it if someone gets hurt once in a while, even if its me, it adds to the thrill. Honestly, everyone has something they lust for that they wouldn't do because of ethical/moral reasons. Someone's self restraint slipped a little on the bloodlust I guess. I wouldn't call the maker of the video a sicko. This is coming from someone who rescues the earthworms after it rains.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The video has nothing to do with feeding fish. Any defense or justification of the video by referring to feeding fish is completely misplaced.

The only point of the video is to watch fish fight. It's absolutely the same as dog fighting. Trying to justify it on some "we are all molecules" or "death awaits us all" philosophy may sound appealing to the less experienced but it's totally off base.

It's a sad fact that some people enjoy watching animals suffer. I get it. This a wonderful video for those people. Thankfully, most people find it disgusting.
Agreed.I'm not sure why feeding fish was brought up in the first place as the video has nothing to do with that but yeah,great video for people who enjoy watching animals suffer.

Reactions: Atfownz
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store