Piranha vs channa

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
Oriental culture is cruel by its very nature... I'm not attacking a race when I say that...I'm calling into question a custom that in these countries - Thailand Vietnam China etc etc - they all eat dogs and cats and serve live food at restaurants... Nothing surprises me that such a person would post a video like this. They skin dogs alive because they believe the skin comes off easier that way... They're madmen!

Yet some morons seem to find a moral highground here to defend this person for posting this video.

Reactions: Atfownz

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Oriental culture is cruel by its very nature... I'm not attacking a race when I say that...I'm calling into question a custom that in these countries - Thailand Vietnam China etc etc - they all eat dogs and cats and serve live food at restaurants... Nothing surprises me that such a person would post a video like this. They skin dogs alive because they believe the skin comes off easier that way... They're madmen!

Yet some morons seem to find a moral highground here to defend this person for posting this video.
Have you ever looked at how the food you eat is raised? The cruelty exists in Western culture as well, it is just hidden from the consumer. Why is eating dogs worse than pigs? They are both intelligent, social mammals - It is just that as Westerners, both you and I are conditioned to think of a dog as a companion and a of a pig as meat. Skinning a dog alive...that bothers me, because of what it would do to my mind if I where involved in such a thing, and because of what it probably does to the mind of the person doing it. And yes, because of the suffering the dog has to through as well.
Nothing surprises me that such a person would post a video like this.
There is a big difference between something done for food or tradition, and something done just for the sake of it.
The video does bother me, but I do not think anyone should be condemned for posting it.

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
Have you ever looked at how the food you eat is raised? The cruelty exists in Western culture as well, it is just hidden from the consumer. Why is eating dogs worse than pigs? They are both intelligent, social mammals - It is just that as Westerners, both you and I are conditioned to think of a dog as a companion and a of a pig as meat. Skinning a dog alive...that bothers me, because of what it would do to my mind if I where involved in such a thing, and because of what it probably does to the mind of the person doing it. And yes, because of the suffering the dog has to through as well.

There is a big difference between something done for food or tradition, and something done just for the sake of it.
The video does bother me, but I do not think anyone should be condemned for posting it.

What an idiot!!

Where's the comparison with skinning dogs alive and eating animals when they're still alive at restaurants and what we do?... In our culture we stun Cows and Pigs etc before killing them in a humaine way? Eating dogs as a delicacy is wholly unnecesary... Your moral compass is clearly warped!

Reactions: Atfownz

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
I am not justifying the 'skinning alive' part in any way other than if it is something you and your ancestors have been doing for 3000 years and everyone who lives around you does the same, it is awfully hard to stop. In fact, if you do stop, that is a clear sign that you are an exceptionally strong-willed, principled and balanced person. In a way I am agreeing with you on the 'cruel culture', but I was trying to say that it is not a culture of cruel people, or a even a culture that is any more cruel overall than any other. I am struggling to say this without bringing in examples that I feel would either be hurtful to, or scorned by, many people, get me banned, or both. Here is the best example I can think of that should be tolerable. In Ancient Roman times, the Romans committed many atrocities, look at the Colosseum if you need an example..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colosseum#Use
And yet, we don't remember Rome as cruel, and I imagine the typical Roman of 50 BCE that you pulled off the street was as good a person as you or me.
Furthermore, I doubt that every member of this culture would be okay with this video or even skinning live dogs.
Eating dogs as a delicacy is wholly unnecesary.
Driving a car is too, and so is eating beef, and therefore? To attack someone else's eating of dogs you need not to explain why it isn't needed, but why it is wrong. If you say "eating dogs = eating pigs and both are wrong, but I cannot control myself", that is okay. If you say "eating dogs ≠ eating pigs", than you have to explain why.
Someone's self restraint slipped a little on the bloodlust I guess.
Just to show I did not say it wasn't wrong :)
In our culture we stun Cows and Pigs etc before killing them in a humaine way?
Look at what is done to the pigs before they are butchered. How they are fed, how many are kept in what size pen, and things like that. The actual act of butchering is high profile and the meat industry is very thoughtful when it comes to things like that, because bad PR is bad for business.

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
I'm sorry... actually NO... I'm not sorry at all... Whats the point in arguing with a moron like you that happens to use this forum as a tool to vomit your perverse views!

Reactions: Atfownz and J. H.

Boomer1224

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2017

obviously this video was made to try and impress people in this forum,and it failed it certainly looked like the owner of this video thought the piranha was going to get ripped to shreds but that didn't happen I really wonder what happened to that poor pirahna

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
obviously this video was made to try and impress people in this forum,and it failed it certainly looked like the owner of this video thought the piranha was going to get ripped to shreds but that didn't happen I really wonder what happened to that poor pirahna
That's my take on it,mostly kids get off on that kind of stuff,it has no place in the hobby.Everything else that was brought up as a defense has nothing to do with the activity.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
It wasn't. thaiho thaiho just posts random videos he finds on Youtube that he thinks would be interesting on MFK.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It wasn't. thaiho thaiho just posts random videos he finds on Youtube that he thinks would be interesting on MFK.
That does not explain why the video was made.Yes Thaiho posts lots of interesting material that he finds but I doubt if he made this video.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Maybe the guy was missing informed and tried a comm then added a poorly thought out title to the video but unlikely.
It's not hugely different to feeding live imo, silly if you value your channa and definitely immoral.
Shouldn't get too hung up just because it's a nice fish but that will Rial people up more than if that were a 6" goldfish.
There was a video of a large Thom housed with micro on YouTube, I will look for it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store