piranha vs snakehead

Mentzer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2006
Edinburgh, Scotland
bigdusty213;684245; said:
Hands down, a black p will get rid of a snakehead no problem. If you starve both of them in a tank, the black p will just tear the snakehead up slowly but surely. The snakehead will try to jump out of the tank.
I'm with Bderick67 on this, however, if were are assuming adults and as you propose "both have been starved" I think you are deluding yourself. It would tear a large hungry snakehead up slowly but surely! Your having a laugh. Why would a large hungry snakehead want to jump out of a tank there was food in? i.e. a fish? Yes, the black P has excellent dentition but so has the snakehead, and it also has a bigger mouth and greater power within it's arsenal. And it would not tear it up slowly but surely either - it would more than likely simply bite it in half, end of story. And I'm not just talking about C.micropeltes here, include C.marulia, C.striata, C.argus and very probably C.aurantimaculata (if it were a very mature/large specimen).

mercury904

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Philippines
:nilly: why won't we try it? for real! Someone out there I know will soonly make a video clip as a proof....we can pot money if you guys really like:naughty: ! and I'll make a fair fight between a piranha and a snakehead! piranhas just cost $3 at 1.5 inch and a micro for $1 at 2.5 inch here at my place....Lets end this thread!!:banhim:

danny

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
uk
WhiteLineRacer;860948; said:
They would form an alliance and rip the arms off their owner for starving them. The micro would then jump out walk down the street eating dogs and scaring people untill it found a new pond.
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: you crack me up

deangelo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2006
Pilipinas/ Los Angeles
mercury904;861130; said:
:nilly: why won't we try it? for real! Someone out there I know will soonly make a video clip as a proof....we can pot money if you guys really like:naughty: ! and I'll make a fair fight between a piranha and a snakehead! piranhas just cost $3 at 1.5 inch and a micro for $1 at 2.5 inch here at my place....Lets end this thread!!:banhim:
If anybody wants to try it i'm all for it...but they have to be full grown hell even at 4" my arrowhead puffer can kill 'em both so they have to be full or at least adults of the same size..

X24

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2007
Nebraska
sweet! I'd be betting on the SH just becasue of how aggressive they really are.....but then again, P's think everything is food.

mercury904

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Philippines
mercury904;861130; said:
Do I have to make a poll thread?:banhim:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store