Pitbull Plecos, anyone have them?

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
Never tried to order live fish off the net, not sure about it. I guess the biggest thing would be making sure home for delivery.

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
I've ordered bichirs and lungfish before and did a group buy that included gobies just make sure you don't use usps I had them lose fish for 2 days luckily they survived because of the types of fish they were

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
I had two in my 450, they ended up dying of unknown causes i think since i haven't seen them in two years but I never found a body either

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
Think I'll just get a bristlenose pleco. I can get those locally, not sure if I can find an albino or high fin one easily. An albino will be easier to spot on black gravel and dark decorations. I might go to Home Depot, get some black PVC pipe to make a few extra hiding places.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
Also, thanks to everyone for the help and advice. I've been looking on net every name that has come up as suggestions. Appreciate the info.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I've ordered bichirs and lungfish before and did a group buy that included gobies just make sure you don't use usps I had them lose fish for 2 days luckily they survived because of the types of fish they were
With the mail carrier I have here, I'm lucky to get my own mail. Keep getting someone else with a similar street number. 2 numbers turned around. Thought being able to read and identify numbers was part of the USPS job... Anyway, I wouldn't trust this idiot carrier with anything living.

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
to make matters worse they dropped the box on the porch without ringing the doorbell and it was 100 outside I just happened to check the porch 2 hours after delivery and found them and rushed them into qt and was able to save them after 4 days in bags. It was 2 ropefish and an african spotted lungfish

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
to make matters worse they dropped the box on the porch without ringing the doorbell and it was 100 outside I just happened to check the porch 2 hours after delivery and found them and rushed them into qt and was able to save them after 4 days in bags. It was 2 ropefish and an african spotted lungfish
Nice job, saving your fish after an experience like that. They were very lucky you knew how to save them. I could see that happening here as well. Really don't have much faith in the snail mail. What shipping is safest and is it more expensive depending on shipping method?

Rahzuul

Feeder Fish
May 8, 2017
Akron Ohio, US
Not sure how feasible it is for you, my mail is delivered from a post office about 15 minutes from my house. Anytime I order fish, I have the seller mark on the package "Hold for pickup" with my phone number. Instead of sending the box out with the carrier, they hold it at the post office, give me a call and I can go pick it up. Don't have to worry about them bouncing around all day in the carrier's vehicle since my mailguy doesn't get to our house until 4pm or so.

All depends on where your mail is delivered out of and how easy it is for you to get there, but I know my post office is great about it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store