Pitbull Plecos, anyone have them?

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I have a pvc pipe in place, hoping the Raphael will move into it. I can see into the pipe. Frequently, I get up in the middle of the night, I'll take a small flashlight and see who's out. I need a moonlight setting, I think. Might catch a glimpse then.

This is my little bushy nose pleco. Been trying for a week to catch him where I can shoot him.

SAM_0028.JPG

SAM_0024.JPG

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
That's one elusive critter to shoot. I know when I get a Raphael cat, it will be even harder to catch a decent picture of it. Shooting fish takes a lot patience sometimes, but I enjoy the challenge.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
lol I've only seen my raphael fully 3 times since I got him a month ago
I see what you mean about not seeing the Raphael cats. I got a striped one about 3 inches long. I managed to get a quick photo of him before he vanished. I did see a flip of his tail late one night. I guess he's ok, haven't found a body... my little bushy nose comes out more than he used to. Still tiny, but got to give it time to grow.

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
my raphael and bristlenose got in a fight the other day over a hiding spot that was to small for the bristlenose and blood was drawn it sucked I've never disliked a fish as much as this 1 bristlenose he is such a jerk to everybody but this is not my usual experience with the many I've had

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
My bristlenose is too small to fight with anyone. I have no idea where the Raphael cat went. Probably hiding inside an ornament. I might take out one of my decorations to make room for more caves and rock formations. Thinking about getting some cichlid stones to create more hiding places.

Sounds like your bristlenose has an attitude problem. Who won the fight?

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
Seems a bite on the spikes would be the end of the fight. I'll take the attitude one, it's already grown some. My little one has a way to go.

Did have an Oscar many years back, decided to have lunch on a cory cat.... 1st lesson that Oscars will eat anything that even partially fits in the mouth.

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
the fight was primarily shoving with the raph stuck against the wall of the hide and the bristlenose scraped skin off his face from the raphs spikes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store