Planted tank stock!

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Hey all,

so currently I am finalizing my plant stock for my 75 gallon aquarium. Currently it has jungle Val, water wisteria, Anubias nana and barteri, java fern, java moss, and crypt lutea. Everything is exploding in growth besides the crypt lutea which isn’t dead but seldom grows.

Im thinking of adding these species:
- Ludwigia super red mini
- Scarlet Temple (AR)
- Rotala rotundufolia red
- Rotala rotundufolia green
- Monte Carlo
- microsword
- dwarf chain sword

let me know if those plants seem compatible with my current stock.
The light is relatively medium- high and it’s a led shoplift. Lights are on 9 hours a day and algae is under control. I dose excel and comprehensive once a week. Water change every 2 weeks. Has 8 angels, a 14 in lapradei bichir, and a 4 in datnoid (stocking will change as these fish grow).

I am not using co2, so I know montecarlo is a reach but I want to try it out since on the internet ive seen others with success. I’m also inclined on trying co2, but rather not have to if I can. Let me know you experiences on these plants and thoughts. Thanks! Happy Holidays!!!

F5F326FA-BC9F-4E01-809A-F9341D329859.jpeg

5F146DDE-DBDB-4AA6-80E3-F23753B313C4.jpeg

Reactions: Bluesandtwo

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Sounds good, maybe get some iron for the red plants. As long as the Monte Carlo gets its nutrients and light, it’ll survive and grow, won’t grow fast and probably will probably take a few years for it to carpet.

Reactions: Rayfishowner

Rayfishowner

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2017
Sounds good, maybe get some iron for the red plants. As long as the Monte Carlo gets its nutrients and light, it’ll survive and grow, won’t grow fast and probably will probably take a few years for it to carpet.
Yeah that’s what I figured. Def gonna try iron.

Reactions: Fishnerd360
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store