Platinum Jack Dempsey attempt

YankeeJack

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
USA
So my solo female got beat up really bad, almost died. I've had her quarantined to heal for the past few weeks. You'll see the scar on her belly and damaged tail. I just put her in with an EBJD today - they seem to be doing okay - he is doing the mating wiggle.

I also have two sibling pairs from the earlier spawn --- they have both spawned but I wasn't able to raise the fry due to an ill-timed vacation.

I've got my set up ready to raise fry now. Will work on posting some updated pics for everyone!

Thanks for the interest!

~YJ

YankeeJack

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
USA
Here are some photos. I'm hoping for a spawn from these two. We'll see.

The female is the gold. It is the solo gold fry from the spawns earlier. You can see where she healed up on her belly. Her tail is also damaged, but healed.

I'll attach a pic of the EBJD male as well. She is hiding in the cave in the background in the second pic.

YankeeJack

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
USA
I have wigglers from grow-outs from a previous spawn -- parents are a sibling pair that are in my grow out tank. It'll be interesting to see what these fry turn out like.

This is a pic of the grandparents. Same pic from post #47 in this thread.

Recall that they were all phenotypically normal in appearance.

Pics from today. Sorry the pics aren't great. Bro and sis combo. I'm going to pull the wigglers now.

Here is Dad guarding:

His and her caves ... (Mom is guarding the wigglers now)

Another pic of dad:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dempski D.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store