PLEASE HELP FLOWERHORN PROBLEM

FARRUKH1992

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2017
The nitrates are extremely high. Try two %50 water changes a week, and that tank should have extremely low nitrates. You want to keep them under 40ppm. Anything above starts to harm the fish.
How many Times should I clean up my filter?

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
How many Times should I clean up my filter?
About once a month. Nitrates are a byproduct of nitrite, which is a byproduct of ammonia. Ammonia is produced by fish respiration, waste production, and waste breakdown. The production of ammonia, leads to the production of nitrate, after being processed by the bacteria in your filter.

When cleaning your filter don't use tap water. The chlorine kills the bacteria that detoxifies the ammonia in the tank, so tank water should be used.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

FARRUKH1992

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2017
About once a month. Nitrates are a byproduct of nitrite, which is a byproduct of ammonia. Ammonia is produced by fish respiration, waste production, and waste breakdown. The production of ammonia, leads to the production of nitrate, after being processed by the bacteria in your filter.

When cleaning your filter don't use tap water. The chlorine kills the bacteria that detoxifies the ammonia in the tank, so tank water should be used.
Good to know. I didn't know that.
Last time I cleaned up my filter my 18 inch Arowana died , I thought filter is not doing well cleaning up ammonia, but I always clean Gravel too. Ill try stress zyme today also

FARRUKH1992

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2017

My Royal Pleco seems to have hard time also

IMG_3585.JPG

FARRUKH1992

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2017

And also if you can tell me why my water a lil green in color , purifiers accu clears not helping? Any thoughts?

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia

FARRUKH1992

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2017
No I don't have that nowhere. How to clean it up? I don't see any algae
I clean it once in 2-4 months my friend said never clean filter just clean water , fluval Fx6 and eheim 2275
But I dont see Algae nowhere. How to ged rid off greenish water. Maybe any chemicals in pet store?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store