Please help me this baby serrasalmus from peru

Piraya

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2009
Poland
I also agree, It's a compressus for sure - it has spots and bars, while rhombeus has no bars. Beautiful fish!

Reactions: Atariot

Atariot

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2018
jakarta
I agree with Frank.
yess i sure this is compressus

I also agree, It's a compressus for sure - it has spots and bars, while rhombeus has no bars. Beautiful fish!
yes, but frank also say that this diamond rhombeus looks as a compressus, or diamond rhombeus is doesn't exist it just another name of serrasalmus compressus? IMG_20180524_045521_354.jpg
Gonna be sweet !!!!
thank you mate cant wait till 8"

Reactions: Piraya

Piraya

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2009
Poland
Atariot said:
yes, but frank also say that this diamond rhombeus looks as a compressus, or diamond rhombeus is doesn't exist it just another name of serrasalmus compressus?
S. compressus doesn't have red eyes (its eye is bluish silver) like the rhombeus on the pic above, the rhom on that pic has a body shape similar to S. compressus but surely it didn't have bars when the fish was younger. Diamond rhom is just S. rhombeus with sparkle scales all over the body ...it's just my opinion :), Frank is the best piranha expert :)
Your fish is so beautiful, I love its shape and colors!

Atariot

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2018
jakarta
S. compressus doesn't have red eyes (its eye is bluish silver) like the rhombeus on the pic above, the rhom on that pic has a body shape similar to S. compressus but surely it didn't have bars when the fish was younger. Diamond rhom is just S. rhombeus with sparkle scales all over the body ...it's just my opinion :), Frank is the best piranha expert :)
Your fish is so beautiful, I love its shape and colors!
Thank you mate. I love my fish.
Mine have a red eye but the camera doesnt capture it well, but the red come with smooth, by the way i was talk to mr frank about the photo he say it rhombeus then he show me another rhombeus with bar mark they indentify as compressus species couse a bar mark

Screenshot_2018-06-06-00-08-08.png Screenshot_2018-06-06-00-08-00.png Ser_cf_compres.jpg Screenshot_2018-06-06-00-06-54.png Screenshot_2018-06-06-00-06-49.png Screenshot_2018-06-06-00-06-42.png

Reactions: Piraya

Piraya

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2009
Poland
So it's not so easy as I thought :D How big is your fish now? If the eyes are reddish then they will probably turn red with time. I think that your fish is to young to have red eyes as a rhom, some rhoms don't get red eyes till they are 5-6'' long.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store