Mar 29, 2011
Tiverton, RI
my plecs love veggies!!! and occasionally nibble on the drift wood

bowiefish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2011
muskegon, mi
very educational thread. i have been feeding my common pleco wafers and dried seaweed, but it stopped eating them recently. i think he has been surviving on the other fishes blood worms and brine shrimp but the last few days he has been just laying in the same spot. today i fed him some romain, mango, and apple. he is already more active. Thanks

bowiefish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2011
muskegon, mi
my pleco is loving the mango and apples. he got up over 10 inches on nothing but algae tabs and the occasional sheet of freeze dried seaweed stuff. He seemed to like turtle food for a while when i had a turtle, but i wanted to take my aquarium in a new direction so my sister wanted the turtle, and i got a couple fish. Last week the pleco seemed quite lethargic and stopped eating. I read this and gave it some lettuce, apple, and mango. a couple days all that was left was some apple peels and a little lettuce floating around. now Goliath(named by my daughter) is swimming around as much as ever. Thanks for putting this out there

GEDC0218.JPG

cclarkkent

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2011
Arizona
(My pleco lives with a Red Bellied Pacu and he readily eats all the leftovers on the bottom of the tank. A mix of meal worms, veggies, cichlid sticks.

frozeneclipse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2008
in the tank with my fish
Hi I have a panaque and was told that drift wood is not going to be enough source of "wood" in his/her diet. One article said that panaque owner should acquired "soft wood" in addition.....I'm a lil confused. Can someone clarify this for me.

Jackson

Piranha
MFK Member
May 12, 2008
Toronto
Any wood is fine hard or soft they grow their teeth back.
Soft wood thats easy to find is your regular Malaysian drift wood from the lfs

Your drift wood in your tank is enough even one piece should be enough.
Having a few pieces is always bettter.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store