Pleco Dietary Thread

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
yeah like said. They graze a lot anyway as opposed to have specific feedings (like what we give them), and like COL said, difficult to overfeed anyway.

Rare_Cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2007
What about White and/or black Eggplants??? are those good for Royals in general to eat???

thanks

_Sushi_

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
South East Michigan
I had one successfully for a long time like that, the poor thing must've been so hungry!!

I do this for my iguanas, and because of the variety of foods that plecos can eat, this is perfect.

I take fruits, veggis, and greens, and chop them up into little shreds (a grater or food processor works better than by hand) and I roll all of my ingrediants together into little balls, and stick them into the freezer. When I need them, I thaw them out, but for the plecos, I'm sure you could just toss 'em in frozen and they'll slowly fall apart, unless a baby piranha is attacking it... -_-* Whiplash doesn't like carrots, so I don't know why he bothers.....

ANYWAYS, if you want pellets or shrimp or something to get to your plecs, this would be an easy way to do it.

PacKRaT

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2007
Greer, SC
Awesome sticky, got a good question to narrow things down: is there any fruit\veg matter plecos should NOT eat?

sillypony

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2007
wny
Hooray!! A fish i CANT over feed. (feeding time is the best time of the day...)

Brine shrimp... does one just dump in a bunch of those tiny lil guys alive and the pleco will -hopefully- catch them??

wingate2581

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
horseheads, ny
does anyone have a chocolate zebra pleco ???? i just bought one and i am not sure what to feed it as it doesn't feed on the waffers??? what do you use and what works anyone ??? thanks for the help

Sakon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2007
USA
Very nice!

Could someone order them from most nutritional to least nutritional.

rasdbo

420man
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2005
near purple indo lake
I have a pelligrini pleco what are the best type of foods to feed it to makie it grow?

taksan

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2005
The #1 most important diet item for Psued's is without a doubt freshwater sponges.
You can get them from Laboratory supplies stores.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store