Pleco with Bichirs?

Catlas Se7en

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2018
I have a 2.5" Senegal, 4.5" Albino Senegal, 5" Ornate, and a new baby Endlicheri of unknown size (it arrives tomorrow). When I go to pick it up, I was thinking of either getting a 4" BGK or a species of Pleco. Is the Pleco compatitble if it's the same size or bigger? If not, should I get the BGK?

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
What size tank?

If you get a pleco, you'll just need to keep an eye on the polys to be sure the pleco doesn't get a habit of munching on their slime coat. The common plecos seem to be the worst culprits for that. But many of us have kept plecos with polys without issue. I kept a blue seam ancistrus (L183) and a Para (L075) without a problem.

Catlas Se7en

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2018
What size tank?

If you get a pleco, you'll just need to keep an eye on the polys to be sure the pleco doesn't get a habit of munching on their slime coat. The common plecos seem to be the worst culprits for that. But many of us have kept plecos with polys without issue. I kept a blue seam ancistrus (L183) and a Para (L075) without a problem.
A 125 being upgraded to a 250 in a few months. Looking at Royal Plecos, Vampire Plecos, and Gold Spotted Plecos

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
A 125 being upgraded to a 250 in a few months. Looking at Royal Plecos, Vampire Plecos, and Gold Spotted Plecos
any royal or vampire pleco would be fine I've kept 2x royals and a sultan pleco(vampire family) with my bichirs with absolutely no problem. By Gold Spotted are you talking about the gold spot common? If so I wouldn't get it that genera is the one that is the worst offender

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
They havent bother each other and are both well fed. They love piling together
You'll just have to see how they do over time - I don't think it's now that Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 is talking about, but eventually as the Ornate and particularly the Endli greatly outgrow the Sens, esp. the albino who tend to stay small. Some have had success, and others have had deaths. Partly depends on the individual fish's temperament.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store