Avisek Dasgupta

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2017
India
For as long as I can recall, the guys who own Sing have practised 24/7 lighting. There was a time when they experimented with using brighter lights too. My understanding of the way the various farms use WTT is that each farm kind of has their own proprietary systems. There is a lot of overlap between them, but you will find differences too. Not all farms use 24/7.

The premium farms I deal with do not guarantee full helmet GH. The reason is that many customers either lack the skill or determination to keep up the WTT.

Since your fish comes from Sing, and since you want to keep the WTT and are prepared to follow the Sing practise, I think you have already answered your own question as to what you should do.

If you change the WTT process you are currently using, then in my opinion there is a very high chance your fish will lose some of its GH.

Here is a Sing Premium Full Helmet GH that was taken out of WTT when it was around 10-12 inches (that's my understanding). You will note it is at best 40-60% Gold Patches now, not full helmet. The fish is mature at about 20-22 inches size now. It is still a quality fish, but no longer a full helmet.

If I were you I would try and communicate with SING direct via FB and chat with them about your concerns.

Great info!

I have been talking to Jacklee Chinhan from Sing Arowanas from day 1 and they do the wtt 24/7 and that's what they have suggested.

Avisek Dasgupta

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2017
India
Here is an update on my tank. Have made certain subtle changes over the last 2 weeks. I was using a 54w light for 24 hours. Now I have added a 36w and use them 12 hours each. So while the light timing is 24 hours but the intensity is reduced. Haven't noticed any change in shine so far. Will slowly move completely to the 36w over the next two months and then to 16w over the next six months.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Hey sorry for derailing the disscusion in this thread but do you mind post a photo of the certificate on this asian? :)

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Careful Avisek, Tobias is an internationally known Arowana certificate hacker! Just kidding :)

Tobias does Sing Arowana have a website where you can check the veracity of your cert & tag #?

• Haha
Reactions: Tobiassorensen

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Careful Avisek, Tobias is an internationally known Arowan certificate hacker! Just kidding.

Tobias does Sing Arowana have a website where you can check the veracity of your cert & tag #?
Avisek i bought this arowana from a friend.

Yes they do have an website where you can check the tagnr but when i did it came back with not finding any fish så i dont know hos legit their site is.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store