Premium high gold cross back

Akeno071

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2015
But here's my point: many say that WTT effects will go away after the Aro later has a darker background. This has not happened at all with mine, it's still just as shiny/crossed (if not more) over the 7 months since I changed from WTT.
If by WTT you mean placing the fish in a white-tank, causing the fish to try to blend to the brighter background.
I can confirm something similar with my previous pair of fire eels, whom were raised on a bright coloured sand and therefore became a light grey colour to match.
Even after being moved to a much darker substrate they retained that grey colouring vs. typical fire eel dark grey/black.
Not exactly the same as an Asian Aro, but thought I'd put out a similar colouring experience.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Both. Genetics always trumps everything else, but from what I have seen if that same fish goes into a tank with a black background/darker setting (I assume same in pond) it will go from 24K (lighter tone) to a darker more brassy gold.
Very true my friend, but as I allude to above color/tone as you mention and shine/crossing as Jibran inquired about need to be differentiated. Color/tone will surely change after transition from WTT, it's general shine/crossing level however almost assuredly will not -- unless possibly it doesn't have good genes (which I highly doubt is the case). If Jibran puts that fish in a tank with black background (or the pond), yes it will change from lighter tone to brassy gold, but I'd wager quite a bit it doesn't lose it's shiny full helmet or 6th level back crossing.

Reactions: RD.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
And Jibran if you'll plz excuse the short further derail on the subject of WTT -- for clarification it wasn't my intention to come across as a fan boy or even proponent of WTT. In fact if I could do it over, or get another GHXB some day, I wouldn't do it because of the reasons you and RD have said, and also having tried it at the end of the day I really don't think it makes any noticeable difference insofar as shine/crossing level (only in making a fish look temporarily whiter/lighter toned as RD says). Either the right genes are there or they're not. Good travels to your fish and look fwd to seeing how it develops!

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I personally can’t believe that for only $150 us more, you got this fish. Amazing!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store