Premium high gold cross back

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
I have been offered a xb, with the following adjectives, now I just don't know exactly why it is named so, and how it is any different from a regular xb.

And this nomenclature is explained by Qian hu, and they identify the fish to be from Malaysia, so is this like the Malaysian gold xb

Reactions: islandguy11

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
IMG-20190813-WA0028__01.jpg

Just wanted to know what this might be, and if it's a good buy.

Reactions: kno4te

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
It's just a way to differentiate their cross back from other shops...

I read their explanation... it's a cross back but there is no guarantee it will reach 6th level shine

As to if it is a Malaysia golden, best to look at the fish itself . But based on the description , it is just a golden cross back with potential to reach 6 level shine

Screenshot_20190814-182234_Chrome.jpg

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
It's just a way to differentiate their cross back from other shops...

I read their explanation... it's a cross back but there is no guarantee it will reach 6th level shine

As to if it is a Malaysia golden, best to look at the fish itself . But based on the description , it is just a golden cross back with potential to reach 6 level shine

View attachment 1383989
Them trying to differentiate their xb from others could very well be the reason for this new name.

I did read this on their website, but isn't that the description of any Malaysian gold xb

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
Yes.. if we go back to basics, we can say all crossback are Malaysian golden arowana as they are only available in the wild in Malaysia.

But there is the golden cross back, the blue based crossback and the malaysian golden blue based which is more bronze in colour than golden

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Yes.. if we go back to basics, we can say all crossback are Malaysian golden arowana as they are only available in the wild in Malaysia.

But there is the golden cross back, the blue based crossback and the malaysian golden blue based which is more bronze in colour than golden
I am afraid I am more confused now. And I don't have much knowledge about the naming and identification of them.

So from what I have understood, not all xbacks get the 6th level shine.

The blue base xb have a blue core and a gold rim

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
My first Aro (last year) was also a Qian Hu 'Premium High Crossback Gold' (but from Singapore, not Malaysia). RIP, she jumped into a corner filter while I was away on business.

So the name isn't really new, like Galantspeedz says it's a marketing name for their Xbacks (of which they have several levels/pricing -- I think their best Goldens are called 'Supreme' or something like that -- I saw one super gorgeous, fully crossed juvenile for sale at Chatuchak for a whopping 85,000 Thb!).

But my feeling is that Qian Hu is one of Singapore's best and most established Aro farms, and you generally get good value for what you're getting (and get what you pay for).

My Premium was quite beautiful and very shiny, but not as crossed over as the 2nd Aro (Goldenhead) I got from a Malaysian farm (which cost about 30,000 Thb compared to about 18,000 Thb for the Qian Hu Premium.

And yes, not all Xbacks fully cross over the top (6th level scales) -- with my Qian Hu Premium I'd say it would have had a good chance to be mostly crossed over but not sure if fully and I doubt its head would have become too much more golden. But still a beautiful, quality fish for the money.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
An old saying that still holds true, look at the fish, not the cert. Premium, super premium, super-duper-looper premium XB, all just marketing. And another old saying that typically holds true, you generally get what you pay for.
Good luck.

Last edited:

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
I am afraid I am more confused now. And I don't have much knowledge about the naming and identification of them.

So from what I have understood, not all xbacks get the 6th level shine.

The blue base xb have a blue core and a gold rim
Not the best specimen but this was supposed to be a malaysian golden blue base...hopefully it clear some doubts... lost him during a water change...

No tanning done

20180828_234948.jpg

20180828_234919.jpg

• Love
Reactions: headbanger_jib

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
So this arowana stuff sounds like you are either talking about a car.....gold rims, or that kids show dragon ball z with the 6th level stuff. Cars I understand but the only car id ever get with gold rims would be a TA. As for DBZ I never could understand it.
If the fish is nice looking then it's up to you whether or not its worth the $. All the other stuff is just sales pitch and pride.

Reactions: Tobiassorensen
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store