Preparing to Buy a Stingray

RedDevilRyan

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2007
New Jersey
RedDevilRyan RedDevilRyan

Usastingrays.com is who you want to deal with.

Great guys.

Awesome fish

AND they are a MFK vendor. Help keep it in the family.
Thank you for the kind words my friend!
Wow! Thanks for the tips! Definitely will check that out! And I live in Schoharie NY but I work in just outside of Albany
Hey Nathaniel, congrats on preparing to enter the wonderful world of rays! I'm in Hackettstown, NJ. You are welcome to make the trip down to check everything out. Unlike most pet shops, all of our rays are quarantined, captive bred, preventively treated for parasites, and eating a variety of foods before they ever leave our facility. Shoot me a message and when you're ready we can get you started right with a healthy pup or two.

Nathaniel G. Schneider

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Awesome thank you! I do have one question now. I visited the site and am interested in a Female Motoro Hybrid. I was curious though, what makes a Stingray a hybrid?

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Awesome thank you! I do have one question now. I visited the site and am interested in a Female Motoro Hybrid. I was curious though, what makes a Stingray a hybrid?
When it is mixed with different genetics. Ex. motoro x bd will make a MotoroXBD hybrid

Nathaniel G. Schneider

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
So I’m researching filtration, but I was hoping you guys could tell me what kind of systems you use. I was looking into making my own trickle filter, but I don’t know what’s best. I don’t want to break the bank but I don’t want get a crummy filter that’ll hurt the ray. Any ideas?

Ray-z

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2017
Nobody wants to break the bank mate but we all want the best filteration we can get and as maintenance free as possible. We are talking about bank breaking fish which unfortunately require bank breaking set ups, so don’t be tight when it comes to the most important part of the setup.... have a look at setting a sump up as a fluidised bed filter. They are the most efficient and by far the easiest to maintain.

Reactions: Bigfishnut

Nathaniel G. Schneider

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
I’m looking at buying a wet/dry filteration system, it’s four foot long and sits right above the tank. Will this work for this size tank and kind of fish?

Ray-z

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2017
I know you said 200 gallons but what’s the length and width of tank?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store