Progression: P14 x P12 (albimaculata x henlei)

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Are there any size differences between the different breads you have? The tank I'm setting up will be 6'x4'x2'. I've read that Henlei and P14 tend to max out around 20"-26" disk size which is what I'm thinking about keeping. I've heard Leo's get a lot bigger, any truth to that?
that’s about right for these two species. My adult henlei females are 22” & 24”.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
if you were to suggest a black ray species to a new ray keeper, which one would you suggest? I love all of them but I'm not sure which one to pick haha
I’m probably the wrong person to ask. I prefer classic and pure rays which sadly, seem to be the minority these days (ironic in a hybrid thread).

You should start a discussion thread to help get you started so more people see it than just in here.

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Wow. These rays are amazing. I love the new updates and photos.

When you say the gene pool has doubled, does that mean the same parents had pups again or some of these pups are now breeding?..

Reactions: JK47

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Wow. These rays are amazing. I love the new updates and photos.

When you say the gene pool has doubled, does that mean the same parents had pups again or some of these pups are now breeding?..
Thank you! I always love finding the kind of threads but they never seem to get updated.

Genes as in that little one is also P12xP14 but much darker henlei in that line. Multiple combos of these could be bred back to a pure adult and remain unrelated to go much darker or much lighter. These males are rolled but haven’t bred anyone yet.

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store