Project Suvattii

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I would do some rocks.

That's awesome. It shows how good of shape Its in & makes me feel good about mine going coats to coast

Thats one cool looking puffer. I wonder what color it will be with that sand once it settles in fully.
I was wondering about color too. Ive seen some show dark and others show very light. At this point Im happy the 'arrow' marking shows clearly and that is shows dark.

So far no burying behavior going on. Its been out since yesterday.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
They seem to mimic whatever surface they're on. I kind of like the light coloration myself. I wish I had more sand options, but it's probably going to be old faithful pf/play sand

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
The CaribSea River of doubt Im using is not a fine sand but a little bit bigger grain. Seemed smooth when rinsing it. Not sure if the little guy will burrow in it. But I really like the dark coloration so hopefully it retains the dark on it even though there is a lot of white mixed in.

I really like the 'Peace River' color that I have in the 300g but it is a much larger grain, some call it small gravel instead of sand. I wish they did that one in a smaller grain size.

Kind of tough finding good choices in sand... almost tempted to try the red garnet with a puffer.

Reactions: twentyleagues

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Well he definitely has worms figured out. He ate two night crawlers and looked at me like he wanted more but I had ran out. He didnt even twitch when I used long tongs to get the worm to him. He didn’t meet the tong or anything like that but he didnt swim away. Very bold when it comes to his tummy.

I had to open up the garage door for a minute so some natural light came in and he didn’t like that too much because I found him buried in the sand.

Here he is:

Reactions: jaws7777 and magpie

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Well he definitely has worms figured out. He ate two night crawlers and looked at me like he wanted more but I had ran out. He didnt even twitch when I used long tongs to get the worm to him. He didn’t meet the tong or anything like that but he didnt swim away. Very bold when it comes to his tummy.

I had to open up the garage door for a minute so some natural light came in and he didn’t like that too much because I found him buried in the sand.

Here he is:

Dang it has acclimated quick and it's already in a lighter non stressed color. I've been trying to get a burying video for months.

Eating like that being wc is so awesome. I hope mine is like this. The congo is a royal pain to eat consistently.

Reactions: DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Cant wait to see your Suvattii. Im very happy with mine. Just the perfect amount of lazy and an aggressive feeder.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
These pics are killing me. My water is so cloudy from the sand I can't see a thing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store