Python water changing...

Epic Fabrications

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2007
Maryland
I wasnt doing anything wrong. You guys are too quick to assume. My friend who has a python and 'loves it' checked it out and said "I dont know what the f*** is wrong with it" after getting frustrated for an hour or so...

I he brought his over, I tried it out and it worked perfectly, immedietely. I had a defective one aparently... No matter how tight my fitting was, it sprayed water all over the kitchen. Everything was tight, all valves were in the correct position. It just wouldnt work how it should.

I was some-what impressed with his but I think I'll just stick to the old fasion - out the window technique and filling with a bucket. My palms are badly sliced up from their unsafe POS.

Newt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan's UP
I don't even hook up my Python to a sink when I drain the tanks, just put it out the window or in the tub and start it like a regular old syphon. No wasted water that way and it still sucks up the crud in the tank. I only hook it up to a faucted to fill the tanks and that is where it is a life saver!

Anyways, try to exchange your Python for a different one, maybe the one you have now has some sort of defect in the threading or something.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
sirasoni;905365; said:
give it another try man. these things are a fishkeeper's best friend
I agree. Without my python, I would have to resort to drastic measures, such as pillage, murder, and eventually suicide. Or the bucket thing, but I have my standards.

Aribenlaw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2006
Tempe, Arizona
I like the python and I use it constantly, but I also have a lot of problems with it. I've gone through a few replacement parts, switched to a metal fitting, and the thing is still finicky. I wish they could refine the product a bit more.

Jesse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
FYI, the Python faucet pump is essentially the same thing as the faucet pump that is used to drain and fill water beds. You can buy those at any hardware store for around $3-4.

ammerman19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
well there was definitely user in attaching the brass fitting lol I have never even came close to cutting myself on that or the other off brand syphon I use at the same time.

Epic Fabrications

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2007
Maryland
No what happened there was I guess the temperature change made the fit tighter, and by spinning the plastic, it only hurt my hand worse, so I took of the plastic fitting and tried to loosen the brass part and the threads sliced up my palms. I didnt notice till maybe 20 minutes later but it only got worse from there... I had to get it off with a vise grip...

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I think that from this thread, you can tell that we are all big fans of python products. If it isn't for you, don't do it, but I have to say it is a lifesaver for me.

merc123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
North GA
I think the faucet pump could have been designed better or the way it seals on the faucet. I have to be careful with mine otherwise I wind up with water all over the kitchen from it spitting out the pump top.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store