Wisconsin
Reactions: jaws7777

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
A lot of people find vaping helps them a lot. You can wean yourself off to lower concentrations. And even if you stay on it it's a fraction as bad for your health.
Sadly vaping didnt help me quit... then again, stresses in life keep popping up making it all that much harder to quit...

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
I just quit smoking Jan 1st. I still feel like crap. I joke with my DR that I felt healthier when I smoked. He says that quitting smoking is just as bad as quitting heroin and this is part for the course.

Ive quit many times in the past but this time it feels different. In the past I've always used a nicotine replacement product long term. This time I used a nicotrol inhaler for 2 weeks but nothing after that. I'm it's much more effective. I wouldnt started vaping as that's trading in one addiction for another.

Be strong man think of all the money you"ll save
I took a similar path. Used the inhaler for about 3 weeks. Body did all sorts of weird stuff when I first quit lol. It eventually got better. Been cigarette free for 10 years now. Have even run a few half marathons.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
I quit smoking in 2012. You defintely feel like crap initially and cough alot. Days turn into weeks, weeks to months, months to years. You just hang in there through the initial phase and you will be good.

Reactions: mrrobxc

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
Sounds like weed is a solution for all your problems. Pain check, smoke check, fun time CHECK. You are in California brotha enjoy the legalized cannabis. If you aren't too far you might have just found a new friend haha
Lmao

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
Your not gonna truly quit unless you want to... There's no half and half. Of course there's gonna be effects to quiting at first just like if someone stopped eating fast food all of a sudden after eating it all the time. In my mind there's no sugar coating it
I am quitting, I’ve quit it all this long, my question though is these body pains and such I’m going through, have you experienced that.

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
Mind over matter if your strong enough the cigar's or cigarettes won't matter.:)
Yeah I know, but my big question is can me quitting 5 or so weeks ago have anything to do with the random all over body aches and lethargy feelings I keep getting....

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
I quit smoking in 2012. You defintely feel like crap initially and cough alot. Days turn into weeks, weeks to months, months to years. You just hang in there through the initial phase and you will be good.
Feel like crap 5 or 6 weeks out though wtf, achey and lethargic off and on

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
Why are you asking on a forum about fish then?
Come on man, just reaching out to old pals in one of my old communities, we talk about everything just about here, don’t twist my post into something different than intended and keep in mind I’m going through a hard time.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Feel like crap 5 or 6 weeks out though wtf, achey and lethargic off and on
I quit Jan 1st and still feel horrible. Dr says normal. Still if I were you I would get a check up anyway. You never know what's going on. Peace of mind is a good thing

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store