Raccoons as pets ??

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I didn't know you guys had raccoons in Hawaii....
They do that because they don't have any salivary glands......they wash all their food before they eat it so it doesn't taste dry and it makes it easier for them to swallow :( No wonder they get ornery
Oh yeah no raccoons in Hawaii, happened when I was living briefly in Nor Cal.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Still hard to really know what is actually true not a whole lot of study has gone into Raccoons and information is contradicting itself all the time so hard to know what to believe lol
all I know for sure 100%, is they may look cute, but just like any wild animal, they can get angry and/or feel threatened and whoop some ass when they need to. Be careful.

Reactions: Becky&herRaccoon

Becky&herRaccoon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2016
Ireland
all I know for sure 100%, is they may look cute, but just like any wild animal, they can get angry and/or feel threatened and whoop some ass when they need to. Be careful.
I do agree with this but I'm hoping because she is domesticated (bottle fed from the moment she was born) that she will be placid

Reactions: Frank Castle

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yep,cute but don't piss one off.Frank,what is up with them defecating in water?

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Yep,cute but don't piss one off.Frank,what is up with them defecating in water?
a lot of animals do it to keep their butts clean lol sometimes they just can't find any toilet paper :D

Snakes and other reptiles do it also

I do agree with this but I'm hoping because she is domesticated (bottle fed from the moment she was born) that she will be placid
ya, she sees you as "momma"

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
a lot of animals do it to keep their butts clean lol sometimes they just can't find any toilet paper :D
I wish I would catch one of the yard snakes pooping in my koi pond.I'll turn him into reptilian Veinna sausages.
I have observed the racoons at work relieving themselves in the catfood bowls and I wondered why they did that.I thought it might have been a tactic to keep the cats from coming back.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I wish I would catch one of the yard snakes pooping in my koi pond.I'll turn him into reptilian Veinna sausages.
I have observed the racoons at work relieving themselves in the catfood bowls and I wondered why they did that.I thought it might have been a tactic to keep the cats from coming back.
don't hurt da snakez....they are harmless, either Garter or Brown and are probably helping your pond plants grow by fertilizing them :(

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
don't hurt da snakez....they are harmless, either Garter or Brown and are probably helping your pond plants grow by fertilizing them :(
No Garters, they are Dekays-Northern Browns and I don't have any plants this year so all they'd probably be doing is contribute to algae growth lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store