Rainbow Trout Tank

Chasmodes

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2015
Maryland
I love the tank. I always wanted to have a giant trout tank. Maybe someday! I think it would be cool to replicate a stream in the backyard (if I move to a cooler climate), maybe an oval tank with unilateral flow... I'm dreaming! I think that brookies would be fun, especially since they don't typically grow as large.

Reactions: Itsadeepbluesea

Itsadeepbluesea

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
Thanks, I'm considering putting some in my pond when it is done. He's interesting, almost like a puppy dog. He is so used to me I can pet him, he'll actually come up and bump my hand when I am cleaning tank. I do need to continue working on the tank. I have to put my second pump in and switch the power head to the opposite side.

BrookKeeper

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2015
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Nice looking fish. I bet he would really appreciate some sort of cover, have you added any structures to the tank yet? Also curious why you are running your water level so low. Glad you are able to keep your temp below 65F, I have seen too many post (not only on the site) from people with trout above 70 "but they are alive!"

Reactions: tlindsey

Itsadeepbluesea

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
Probably would have liked cover in the beginning, at this point I don't think it matters. He has become like an oscar, very personable. He gets excited when he sees me and will actually rub up against my hand if I put it in the tank. The water level is low as there is a ledge on the left hand side for a water fall you just can't tell in the picture.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Itsadeepbluesea Itsadeepbluesea , wow! This is the first time I have heard of someone keeping Rainbow Trout (as I said in my PM). Good luck! Keep us updated!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store