Price
Region
Southern California
State
California
Pickup or shipping
Shipping only
Hey guys,
I recently got a 60gal tank but it came with fish, some of which are not compatible. I also have a few fish from my established tanks that I’m looking to find new homes for due to overcrowding/bullying/breeding.

•12-13” red tilapia. His coloring is pretty awesome, but he’s got a face only a mother could love. Messed up mouth, but functional (I’m assuming make he as caught on a line/hook... you guys may know more than me). I cannot keep him in the 60gal he came with, and my Oscar and Vieja would be mad at me if I introduced someone else to their tank. Plus I had a tilapia before, and they’re buttheads.
The fish that came with the tank are currently in QT, and this guy refuses to let any of the small fish ( ??‍♀ previous owner put him with rosy barbs, corydoras, tiger barbs) onto the other side of the tank.
$10

• Red Devil cichlid (not 100% sure)
Also came with the 60gal tank. After QT I can probably get away with putting him in the 75gal temporarily with my convicts and bichir (population control)
$20

Convict Cichlids: Breeding adults, possible het for pink. Have a couple pairs from fish I’d bred that now produce pink offspring. No guarantee on genetics. Super hardy fish, original stock was 5-7 years ago. I want to move the 5 from my 150gal since the big fish are grumpy. I only want 2-3 pairs total, have about 10-15 convicts currently
5 for $20, likely 2 male 3 female.

Jack Dempsey, female. About 5”, she won’t grow any bigger, I have had her 6+ years. The Oscar and Vieja are bullying the smaller fish.
She has a male counterpart who is about 8”, not really sure if I want to rehome him or not.
•Female $10
•Pair $30

Royal Acara 8-9”
Eats like a pig, getting bullied a lot. A little too docile for the larger fish. The Oscar and Vieja only like each other.
$40

DirtyPaws949

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2015
Newport Beach
Pic of the JD?
yea for sure. I mostly have some of the male. The oldest of these pics is from February ?
I can take some more when I’m home.
1C972B01-E6AB-410B-9723-BC58CB78CAC3.jpegB6BE0C79-97DF-4A97-85F6-F31C75BACA52.jpeg
As far as JD go, the male is pretty nice. He humors the BP and will lock jaws without hurting him. The female is a spitfire, killed her mother.
They produced two batches of fry, terrorized the tank for a few days, then ate them due to stress I suppose. Since I don’t separate the male and female they don’t spawn.

B5980E60-B8BE-48A8-93C4-E5073D23683F.jpeg

DirtyPaws949

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2015
Newport Beach
I was supposed to be getting a 700gal PE tank for them, but then covid happened.
Right now there’s the Oscar, Vieja, acara, bloop parrot, 2 JD, H. Nemurus, and a Pleco sharing the 150gal. Hoping if I remove some tank mates they’ll chill out until I can get them a better set up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store