redfin pickerel

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
I actually have a scientific collection permit through my work which pretty much gives us free rein in pa as long as its for work. This fish was actually caught micro fishing in Delaware though. There redfin pickerel can be fished with no size/closed season. For native fish in PA that cant be collected legally as long as you have documentation that it wasn't taken from PA waters and was harvested legally you can keep it in aquaria. In this case I have an in situ photo of the fish with a location stamp. This only applies to PA/DE always make sure you're familiar with your local laws of course
ah a fellow micro fisherman! Do you happen to be a lifelister as well?

Itsadeepbluesea

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
yup! Whole other community! We use tiny japanese "tanago" hooks! Fun stuff! I have 75 different species on my lifelist so far!
Wow never new that. I just would buy the smallest hooks I could find. I can't say I do it much anymore, but still do from time to time.

Reactions: KATALEKEEPER

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
Wow never new that. I just would buy the smallest hooks I could find. I can't say I do it much anymore, but still do from time to time.
oh yeah. We are talking micro micro. For example one of the most challenging fish to micro fish is the rainbow darter. Darters in general are hard. So yah very very small.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store