Regarding Senegal Bichirs & Cichlid Tank Mates

From The Depths

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2013
Kentucky
I keep a flagtail with my Senegal. I love the way they look, they're peaceful, and they're too big for the senegal to take a shot at. You'd def need that 75 gal tho. As for cichlid tankmates, it can work, but the senegals really aren't made for the constant battering that most ca/sa cichlids will deliver.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Just looked up some photos of flagtails and my they are beautiful. Will have to do some research on them. At the moment I'm leaning toward adding a solo blue acara and maybe a solo angelfish but nothing is set in stone. On my maybe list is an albino rainbow shark and tyring to find some schooling fish other than rainbows that the bichirs can't tak down.

maryjo

Feeder Fish
Feb 6, 2023
After looking around at a lot of different local shops I've learned there isn't a large cichlid variety close by. I'm thinking of going in a different direction with my bichir tank. Going to be setting it up this weekend if all goes well
I have tons of convicts you can have some or a bunch .... I'm sure I don't live close to u but I could ship them

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store