DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Closing this one out. I always hate it when you find an old thread and wonder, "whatever happened to this''... So Im ending it with what happened, lol

Decided to sell off the trimac. Wasnt really happy with the personality of this one. Very finicky eater, so of course growth was at a snails pace. It was at 11" but again real slow growth on this one. Did not have any real "personality" , likely since it wasnt a food driven fish it didn't really respond to the typical feeding stimulus. Having other 'wet pets' like a Bumblebee Oscar, Pearsei and Hairy puffer, you get used to friendly interaction or begging. The trimac would just give you a hard stare and maybe a bit of gill flare but not much otherwise, a bit of a dud for me. The buyer is putting this guy into a 600 gallon cichlid community so it will be interesting to see how he does. Maybe the competition will encourage him to not be so finicky and the giant tank will get that growth out of him.

So now I have an empty tank, a blank slate for a new project.

EricTheRed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2015
Thank you for this thread. I just discovered it and read it from beginning to end. I have one TriMac in a 125G tank I got as a baby about six months ago, and this thread about your experience raising six of them was very educational for me. For what it’s worth, I really liked the chunky TriMac you sold second to last and hoped you had chosen to keep that one. He was quite the brute with classic TriMac colors. Looking forward to your next fish project!

Reactions: DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Thank you for this thread. I just discovered it and read it from beginning to end. I have one TriMac in a 125G tank I got as a baby about six months ago, and this thread about your experience raising six of them was very educational for me. For what it’s worth, I really liked the chunky TriMac you sold second to last and hoped you had chosen to keep that one. He was quite the brute with classic TriMac colors. Looking forward to your next fish project!
Thanks! It was kind of fun while it lasted.

So as to my next project? I know many would consider it a downgrade since I just gave up a fairly rare F1 catch location fish but I have so many other 'Wet Pet' fish I decided to use the tank for a colorful community. Will see how these turn out, hopefully get a nice big colorful male out of these red spot severums.
1160247693841202057.jpg

EricTheRed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2015
Good choice, Severums are great fish, and those Red Spot Severums you have look awesome already. Are you going with only 3 fish this time, or are there more outside the picture?

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Good choice, Severums are great fish, and those Red Spot Severums you have look awesome already. Are you going with only 3 fish this time, or are there more outside the picture?
Just the 3 sevs at the moment. Will see if there is a pairing or I might end up with just one male.
I added my 4 albino hoplo cats with them.
C3C47C37-EAA8-49EA-95AB-540A487D63BB.jpeg
Thinking of adding a school of Roseline sharks and some colorful swordtails
In the end a super active, colorful, community tank set up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store