Rock and a hard place

Vandyfan13

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2016
Tennessee
I'm getting a 75 gallon tank Thursday and I'm not sure what to put in it. It will eventually be the sump in my tank I'm completely at the end of summer. (7ft x 3ft x 2ft tall) I don't really have any filtration on me but could I use it as a grow out for a Motoro and Ripshaw Catfish? Opinions?

Chrigu

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2016
Switzerland
Hello
I would definitely buy a filter, or at least a airpump. If you don't have a filter, a daily water change is necessary. As a grow out for a ripsaw it should be fine, they are quite hardly fish. I don't know if it works for stingrays, but just out of what i read they need a very good water quality, without filter that could get difficult. I would recommend a bullhead catfish, they are extremely hardly and can live a live in there, but they are quite messy, so lots of waterchanges are needed.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Maybe small Ripsaw short term until your aquarium is done, but not the Motoro. I would suggest putting filtration on 75 though.

Vandyfan13

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2016
Tennessee
Ye
Maybe small Ripsaw short term until your aquarium is done, but not the Motoro. I would suggest putting filtration on 75 though.
yes I was planning on buying a filter for the tank. Do you think a bigger ripshaw would be fine with a Motoro once the big tank is done?

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store