Salminus Franciscanus (Golden Dorado)

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
So what's the biggest Dorado in home aquaria. Do anyone have any references? Just trying to see how much more growth to expect.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Biggest I remember was arapaimags think he got it to 22" lol not to much larger than yours

Reactions: kendragon

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Love their color. Approximately how big are they?
They are pushing 18" now.
I did a water change last night and noticed the water was on the cold side. I'm pretty sure this is why they are behaving differently. They were nipping and being aggressive. I'll put the heater on after dinner and hopefully this will calm them down. Who knows, I might get even more growth....haha.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Biggest I remember is H20 Mikes. Rumored to be around 30" and like 10 years old.

I remember an Ageladay having one around the 2' mark.

Ive never had one over where yours are at now Ken..... I think my beloved "Robert" was right around 18" when I lost him. :(

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
What pellets do you use for these guys and trust in? I tried searching the thread but did not find the specific brand, just know you stick to pellets.

I am currently using massivore and trying to decide if I should move away from it or not. I cannot get my aimara to take NLS.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
What pellets do you use for these guys and trust in? I tried searching the thread but did not find the specific brand, just know you stick to pellets.

I am currently using massivore and trying to decide if I should move away from it or not. I cannot get my aimara to take NLS.
I've been feeding Hikari Massivore from day one. I do not want to get into the debate on which is best or better.
When I see good results I seldom deviate just like my filter. Currently, I see good growth, color and water quality. Call me narrow minded.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I've been feeding Hikari Massivore from day one. I do not want to get into the debate on which is best or better.
When I see good results I seldom deviate just like my filter. Currently, I see good growth, color and water quality. Call me narrow minded.
That’s cool. After reading so many debates I feel guilty continuing to use hikari. Glad I’m not the only one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store