Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Wonder how long that scales behind the gills will take to get some gold

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
During feeding tonight I asked them your question and the look I got was, "All this and you still want more?". I think you pissed them off. Thanks a lot moe!
Now theyre gonna eat more out of stress, “obesity here we come” lol sorry

Reactions: kendragon

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
The heads and gill plates have the armored look, awesome kendragon kendragon

Reactions: kendragon

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
The heads and gill plates have the armored look, awesome kendragon kendragon
Now theyre gonna eat more out of stress, “obesity here we come” lol sorry
killer shot
Thanks guys.
Wow...18 months already. It's a little longer than I had planned but surprisingly they are still evolving and putting out data that I can use for the next project. One thing for sure is take what you read with a grain of salt. What works for one may not work for others.
For this group, you can see some of the general rules were violated. The take away is if you have the will, find a way. Don't let people talk you down or out of monster fish keeping. I don't care what moe says.
I've had so much fun out of this 225g...hard to see myself upgrade to a 240g :)

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
...One thing for sure is take what you read with a grain of salt. What works for one may not work for others.
For this group, you can see some of the general rules were violated. The take away is if you have the will, find a way. Don't let people talk you down or out of monster fish keeping...
Re-reading 64 pages is not for the fainthearted and lazy like me. Would you mind summarizing what general rules have been broken and what in your experience goes against what you had read before?

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Re-reading 64 pages is not for the fainthearted and lazy like me. Would you mind summarizing what general rules have been broken and what in your experience goes against what you had read before?
They are killers= I don't doubt they are aggressive and may kill other species in the tank but you can keep a group of them together. They are pass the 15" mark and haven't killed each other yet. Knock on wood.

They need a big tank= Of course "the bigger the better" but many times the lack of funds and/or space limit that. Some times smaller tanks help the situation. I've observed that the confined space breaks up the burst of chase. No chance for them to pick up speed to nail each other on the straight away or get hurt for that matter. No damaged snout.

They need a mixed diet= I believed this to be true when I started the hobby because that's what they eat in the wild. After raising several different types of fish to a larger size, I find a constant diet of high quality pellet to be better. Improved water quality, health, size, color and body confirmation. So many times I hear of the big fish stop eating and dying syndrome. Could this be linked to a nutritional issue for large fish in captivity?

This is a great forum to share experiences to elevate the hobby. Stay away from regurgitated internet vomit or invisible fish. I think MFK is better than this. I realize this is an open forum and garbage will always exist.

If you keep fish, show me.....pics or it didn't happen. Boy! I'm fired up and on a roll today.
I'm going to have to take more pics to post. Why do I keep posting pics of the same fish? Because they're not dead.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
You gotta get the two tone Rolex to match them now ken! Lol

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
You gotta get the two tone Rolex to match them now ken! Lol
I’ve seen Ken have 3 Rolex on at once to make it seem two tone