Sand Issues

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
I'm dying to share but the tank they are in is hard to get decent pictures of as there's light hitting it from all sides but not much in the way of tank lighting. It's not impossible though, I just need to make more effort. The Spotties (ctenopoma) were out in force this morning and I would have loved to video them but it's hopeless at that time of day :-(

It's all good. We don't judge here in this poly sub form. Yes, lots of topic derailing like a freight train, lol.... that's why it's fun and educational too. We're the best! My tank is near a large window too. Take the photos and vids at night:) see ya soon.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
It's all good. We don't judge here in this poly sub form. Yes, lots of topic derailing like a freight train, lol.... that's why it's fun and educational too. We're the best! My tank is near a large window too. Take the photos and vids at night:) see ya soon.
Wait whaaaat! Derailing.....us .....noooo. more like creative side stepping.

Reactions: Vancouver_98683

Poly Pinni

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2016
South West England
Do your Ctenos ever fight?
So far, not really, just bickering, no injuries. I got them last November when they were, I believe, a couple of months old. I was meant to be getting two but when I saw them, I ended up bringing them all home! I lost one early on who I think jumped and hit the lid but the remaining nine seem to be thriving. Whether this changes as they mature remains to be seen but I adore them and am committed to keeping them all one way or another.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
So, as warned, pretty bad quality but it gives some idea. I have a p. weeksii in there too but he is very shy, not sure if that's normal for them. The eagle eyed may be able to spot him :)

sweet video! Loved seeing those ornates gobble up those pellets.

Reactions: Poly Pinni

Poly Pinni

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2016
South West England
sweet video! Loved seeing those ornates gobble up those pellets.
They are great aren't they! I have to admit that those two do have issues with each other and I worry that they may have to be separated at some point. I had read up on them before I bought them but only with the view of getting some in future. Then I spotted them in a shop and had to get them. Got them home, started looking for further information and came across people saying they don't get on with other ornates! So far, it could be worse.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store