Sciatica nerve issues

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Go to a Dr and get an MRI. I have loads of spine issues. Actual just got neck surgery.

Allot of crack pots will want to start poking and proding but I wouldnt let anyone even touch me without getting and MRI and knowing whats going on.

Reactions: clm08k

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
Go to a Dr and get an MRI. I have loads of spine issues. Actual just got neck surgery.

Allot of crack pots will want to start poking and proding but I wouldnt let anyone even touch me without getting and MRI and knowing whats going on.
+9,000,000
I had back problems on and off for years and never got the correct diagnosis for spondylolisthesis because the parts of the vertebra that are supposed to hold it in place were missing letting it press on my spinal cord on and off. Now I have a damaged cord with massive amounts of pain.
The vertebra is bolted in place now, but there's no fixing the cord.

Reactions: clm08k

Nate77

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2006
Manheim PA
Get to Dr , if it is caught soon enough they can usually get it fixed with just PT , i screwed around to long thought was just a pulled muscle and ended up having to go threw surgery and out of work for 6 months

Tim the fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2018
you guys ever get sciatica nerve pain or lower back issues that can make most of your body achey?

I quit smoking, but messed something up in my lower back at the same time lol, and for 5 weeks I’ve been trying to figure out which one is causing days with all over achey joints and tightness.
You are talking to someone who has 5 level back fusion. There are so many things that can cause this. It could be a bulging disc, or inflammation or what. The only person who can tell you is a medical doctor and the tests that go with it. Mine is caused by a severe case of arthritis. Doctors don't jump into surgery as the first choice of treatment. I delayed surgery for a long time with the use of a personal trainer for years. Only a doctor can give you the right choice of medical treatment. Pain that has gone on that long should be checked out.
you guys ever get sciatica nerve pain or lower back issues that can make most of your body achey?

I quit smoking, but messed something up in my lower back at the same time lol, and for 5 weeks I’ve been trying to figure out which one is causing days with all over achey joints and tightness.

Reactions: jaws7777

Tim the fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2018

Tim the fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2018

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
There is excellent science on PT and back pain. Some (more and more) insurance companies will even let you see a PT without an MD referral. If you go to a really good PT, they can do a great assessment, (often better than a primary care MD), and save you money in the long run. Get recommendations and find an experienced PT.

If there were any red flags or concerns, they would refer you back to MD for imaging or other testing. Most often unless there's an acute reason for the pain (fall, accident) the MD would likely send you to PT anyway before MRI.

Reactions: Itsadeepbluesea

Itsadeepbluesea

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
There is excellent science on PT and back pain. Some (more and more) insurance companies will even let you see a PT without an MD referral. If you go to a really good PT, they can do a great assessment, (often better than a primary care MD), and save you money in the long run. Get recommendations and find an experienced PT.

If there were any red flags or concerns, they would refer you back to MD for imaging or other testing. Most often unless there's an acute reason for the pain (fall, accident) the MD would likely send you to PT anyway before MRI.
Do I detect another PT on this forum?

Reactions: magpie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store