screwed up

aznxcalikid

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2007
california
i just bought a 3 inch jardini and accidentally put it into my cichlid tank without letting the bag sit in the tank for a while. the water in the bag was pretty warm and the water in my tank is pretty cold. is that gonna cause some problems?
the recommended temp for arowanas are 75 - 80 but will it survive in 70

Mystix212

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Cichla also requires temps of 75-80. Why do you have the tank so cold? Also, just up the temp 7 degrees or so over a period of 2-3 days.

aznxcalikid

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2007
california
i had a paper thermometer but it didnt work so i never really bothered to check the temp. i leave the water as it is w/o a heater. what would my water temp be around without a heater.

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
what would my water temp be around without a heater.
That would depend on time of day, seasons, house temp, etc. Fish need to be kept at a constant temp, too much fluctuation causes stress...

aznxcalikid

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2007
california
dude my aro is a mean fish. its attacking all the other mbuna. even my two auratus run from it. is it safe to leave it there or is there a chance my auratus might rebel. i dont wanna wake up and see its all beat up. ever since it started attacking the cichlids, i just patrols the bottom of the tank and forgot about the top.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
prepare for a fish thats gonna own everyone in the tank and in the end it will be the only one left
jars are almost always agro

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store