Sculpin Help

jstanley_06

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Midwest Indiana
Kaosu---> t.y. and good to hear tht they can go a little while. pretty sure i seen him suck up a couple blood worms last night. the past several days he has not been in hiding; been out and about the tank, still a bit cautious tho. he sticks pretty close to the plants or rocks.

L.P----> glad to hear there is another member to the club. do you have pics posted newhere?

Wiggles---> sorry to hear tht. i love mine so far! cool little fish...

Umbra

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I just lost my 2 sculpins, the first was killed by a big crayfish that I subsequently removed, the second lived for a while longer but randomly passed, not sure why :( Both were (seemingly) healthy and eating like pigs too...

jstanley_06

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Midwest Indiana
Well im no longer in the "sculpin club"! my lil guss died a few days ago. sux i really liked him! have to wait till spring and im def. hunting for another one! probably will try to double stack a 55 and make one a native IN tank

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
Well im no longer in the "sculpin club"! my lil guss died a few days ago. sux i really liked him! have to wait till spring and im def. hunting for another one! probably will try to double stack a 55 and make one a native IN tank

aww im so sorry!...this happens allot from what I have seen...im guessing the warmer temps of your tank might of done it mine starts acting strange an gasping at about 75o

but don't give up! try again..maybe get a tank set up for just one alone this summer?...make sure to collect from a lake when the water is warm..some hot summer day early summer when they are all young and in the shallows..that is where i got mine..going on 2 years with the beast.

jstanley_06

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Midwest Indiana
aww im so sorry!...this happens allot from what I have seen...im guessing the warmer temps of your tank might of done it mine starts acting strange an gasping at about 75o

but don't give up! try again..maybe get a tank set up for just one alone this summer?...make sure to collect from a lake when the water is warm..some hot summer day early summer when they are all young and in the shallows..that is where i got mine..going on 2 years with the beast.
Thankx for the info and the condolences! im making it a personal goal to get a couple more this summer! def want to set up a native tank with these being one of the "highlight" species

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store