Senegals - WC vs CB!

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
My Teug keeps nipping my Polli but is really not hurting her so I'm sticking it out until I upgrade. I have a lot of cover and she doesn't hunt her down to hurt her, it just happens sometimes when the Polli is in the Teug's direct space.

The Palmas aggression I had was very different - clamp, hold, shake, don't let go. And lots of fin damage in a short time. I re-homed her though she was beautiful.

I do like your plan of adding another and rescaping the tank, maybe at the same time. If that doesn't work could you put the CB Sen in a smaller tank for a bit while the other two settle back in, rescape, then add her back in?

Reactions: Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
yeah I saw my first aggression yesterday to my regular sen Damn It grabbed my polli's tail for a couple seconds the funny thing is my polli didn't seem to care and just turned around and layed next to him. No damage just strange
Same here. Not much resistance, may be more of a show of dominance than actual "I want to kill you"

I do like your plan of adding another and rescaping the tank, maybe at the same time. If that doesn't work could you put the CB Sen in a smaller tank for a bit while the other two settle back in, rescape, then add her back in
I don't have another tank to add nibblet to, unless my tetras are gonna be feeders. I just want to get the third poly around the time I rescape just to have the best chance I can

Reactions: magpie

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Can you get a Polli? I just love mine so much. She's an active goofball pig who doesn't bother anyone. She swims a lot and comes to greet me at the tank glass. Of course not all Pollis are like this but I do read that they are active as a whole and I don't generally hear of them being aggro
Pollis are on my list now too, will see how much the importer gets them for and if he has any

Reactions: magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I don't have another tank to add nibblet to, unless my tetras are gonna be feeders. I just want to get the third poly around the time I rescape just to have the best chance I can
Sounds like a good plan. Hopefully since it's not too severe that will take care of the issue or maybe just make it even more rare, which would also be acceptable IMO.

Reactions: Hendre

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Dels run about 60 here so id get 2. ;)
But if you can get a polli or palmas they'd be closer in final size to your sens. Dels get thick. My dels are 10 and 9 inches and around an inch and a half in width. They are 6 months younger than both my sens minimum one may be a year younger or more, that's just how long I've had them. Both dels had external gills when I got them so I know they were young. One I've had about a year and a half the other a little less then a year. Seem to have leveled off now.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Dels run about 60 here so id get 2. ;)
But if you can get a polli or palmas they'd be closer in final size to your sens. Dels get thick. My dels are 10 and 9 inches and around an inch and a half in width. They are 6 months younger than both my sens minimum one may be a year younger or more, that's just how long I've had them. Both dels had external gills when I got them so I know they were young. One I've had about a year and a half the other a little less then a year. Seem to have leveled off now.
I'll see what others are available. Maybe I can do an IOU with my dad or setup a GoFundMe lol.

Dels are thick it seems, I heard palmas can be mean though. My WC shared a tank with other sens and palmas and had rather nipped fins

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Wet Spot has 6" WC Dels for $50... you're getting CB Dels for $60 twentyleagues twentyleagues ? Further proof that prices are just all over the place.

Work out an IOU with your dad. Maybe you can do some extra projects around the house for him, too?

(I know you were kidding about Gofundme but IMO that stuff should be used for devastating events. It bothers me when people use them for anything but.)

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I'd do polli if you can
Yeah unfortunately the importer doesn't get polli. Only UJs are delhezi and ornate

et Spot has 6" WC Dels for $50... you're getting CB Dels for $60 twentyleagues twentyleagues ? Further proof that prices are just all over the place.

Work out an IOU with your dad. Maybe you can do some extra projects around the house for him, too
Yeah the gofund was a joke. This is far from anything needing peoples help for.

I need to see what I can do for that. Just probing to see about the palmas he had with my sen.

Would palmas work fine?

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
It should, or at least worth a try. They are pretty fish.
Who else here has a Palmas that we can ask about aggression?

When I was having aggression problems with mine everyone seemed surprised. Is the Palmas WC or CB?

Wait, you make it sound like they've had it for a little while with other Polys? Maybe ask how it does with them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store