SERIOUS water shortages

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Hendre i think they will be fine just reduce feedings.

Main question is how high do nitrates get between ypur current wc's ? That would be the best way to decide on how to move forward

+1 on the purigen. With you low stocking it could really help.
Under 20. Never had above
Can't afford purigen

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Under 20. Never had above
Can't afford purigen
Thats with weekly wc at your current feeding schedule ? Which is ?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
60-70% weekly. Even when not done for 3 weeks it tests under 20

I'm already not a hectic feeder, don't think the reduction will make much difference

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Im confused. You have already gone 3ish weeks with out doing wc's and nitrates are still in check....? What ya worried about ?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Once the polys get bigger, this may not be over soon. we are having little rainfall

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
hello; Do you get to go longer between showers?
Hey yeah there's an option. Tell everyone in the house no more showers! Polys need wcs. No just kidding man. I feel for you and your community. We had the Flint water crisis here. Seemed like the whole world was watching. Anytime I went out of state or talked to someone from out of state and they heard where I was from it was omg it's so terrible. I was like this is really not all that bad, people live with worse all their lives. Then I just started making jokes like....well if the gang bangers knew how to shoot we wouldn't have all this extra lead in the water, or if they'd stop dumping lead filled bodies in the river...:D
It will pass. Sounds like you have alot of good ideas and a pretty sound stratagy even without all the great ideas above.

Reactions: DRteugelsi

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
Hey yeah there's an option. Tell everyone in the house no more showers! Polys need wcs. No just kidding man. I feel for you and your community. We had the Flint water crisis here. Seemed like the whole world was watching. Anytime I went out of state or talked to someone from out of state and they heard where I was from it was omg it's so terrible. I was like this is really not all that bad, people live with worse all their lives. Then I just started making jokes like....well if the gang bangers knew how to shoot we wouldn't have all this extra lead in the water, or if they'd stop dumping lead filled bodies in the river...:D
It will pass. Sounds like you have alot of good ideas and a pretty sound stratagy even without all the great ideas above.
That is so freaking funny!

Reactions: twentyleagues

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hey yeah there's an option. Tell everyone in the house no more showers!
hello; how about a sliding shower scale. How far away can they smell you.
A one foot rule for those of us who must work closely with people every day = can not smell you at one foot = shower each work day. When I was teaching I had to be close to others.

A two to three foot rule for those who work around others but not very close. Say at a loading dock. equals a shower at least every other day.

a four to six foot rule = for folks who live or work alone. Only shower before going to town to buy needed things.

Back when I worked in the log woods I did not shower before going to work. Had to get up around 4:30 AM to be at the landing by daylight during the summer. I would get home by 7:00 in the evening, take a bath and go see my girlfriend. No need to shower for work.

I recall going to see my father at a retirement complex in Indianapolis IN. They had rooms family could rent on site while visiting. All the folks who worked there knew me and when I would check in I would be taken aside by a series of folks. Each wanting me to get my dad to take a shower. The only way I could get him to do it was to refuse to do the list of chores he had for me to do until he cleaned up. Sometimes he was an 8 to 10 footer.

Reactions: twentyleagues
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store