SERIOUS water shortages

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
hello; how about a sliding shower scale. How far away can they smell you.
A one foot rule for those of us who must work closely with people every day = can not smell you at one foot = shower each work day. When I was teaching I had to be close to others.

A two to three foot rule for those who work around others but not very close. Say at a loading dock. equals a shower at least every other day.

a four to six foot rule = for folks who live or work alone. Only shower before going to town to buy needed things.

Back when I worked in the log woods I did not shower before going to work. Had to get up around 4:30 AM to be at the landing by daylight during the summer. I would get home by 7:00 in the evening, take a bath and go see my girlfriend. No need to shower for work.

I recall going to see my father at a retirement complex in Indianapolis IN. They had rooms family could rent on site while visiting. All the folks who worked there knew me and when I would check in I would be taken aside by a series of folks. Each wanting me to get my dad to take a shower. The only way I could get him to do it was to refuse to do the list of chores he had for me to do until he cleaned up. Sometimes he was an 8 to 10 footer.
Lol

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
how much does purigen cost there? I know if if I buy it at my LFS(the most expensive option) it is still only $14 for a prepackaged dosage for a 100 gallon tank that will last 6 months if I do amazon it's only $8
Not bad... can't it be replenished with bleach?

S skjl47 we just have to take shorter showers

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
S skjl47 we just have to take shorter showers
Hello; I have a low flow shower head installed. It has an on/off button. I can get wet then turn it off while I lather up. Then turn it back on to rinse off. I also keep a bucket under the spigot and catch the water in that until it warms up. I also set that bucket under the spigot after the shower to catch the water that drains out of the pipe. I pour that water into the washing machine. Not much at any one time but it adds up over weeks and months.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Hello; I have a low flow shower head installed. It has an on/off button. I can get wet then turn it off while I lather up. Then turn it back on to rinse off. I also keep a bucket under the spigot and catch the water in that until it warms up. I also set that bucket under the spigot after the shower to catch the water that drains out of the pipe. I pour that water into the washing machine. Not much at any one time but it adds up over weeks and months.
We use it for the toilets.

I'm getting a last fish today then that's it for now

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
damn well in your case I'd say it would be worth it
My parents are trying to get me to save water. I'll see if they'll incentivise it's usage like with the bacteria stuff..

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I'm getting a last fish today then that's it for now
Hello; You lost me on this. I was under the impression the water issue is profound to the point of your possibly having to shut down your tanks at sometime in the not too distant future. Also that currently you are planning to cut back on WC volume and frequency possibly to the point of some risk to the well being of the current fish you have. Did I get these things wrong???

There is an old saying " When you find yourself in a hole stop digging." A new fish, even if a last one for now, does not make sense in light of the content of this thread.

Reactions: jaws7777

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
The shop didn't have the fish lol. Basically with the amount of cutbacks on feeding I felt that one more small one would be alright, since my nitrates are still very manageable. All the leaf fish at the shop died anyway.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store