Serrasalmus with Red Bellied Piranhas???

Sevastopol

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2019
KG-348
Are you surprised?
No, I'm not surprised. I moved the wolf into my 55 gallon tank to try another attempt at pairing him with my purple wolf fish, and he got injured in a fight, so I foolishly moved the red wolf back into his original tank with the Pygos. The pygos, naturally preying on injured animals, made a feast out of the wounded wolf. And that is the result. I learned my lesson....

godfirst

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 24, 2019
USA
No, I'm not surprised. I moved the wolf into my 55 gallon tank to try another attempt at pairing him with my purple wolf fish, and he got injured in a fight, so I foolishly moved the red wolf back into his original tank with the Pygos. The pygos, naturally preying on injured animals, made a feast out of the wounded wolf. And that is the result. I learned my lesson....
I think if my caribe and reds got a long all the time it may be chaos in my tank, but having only 4, they tend to stay away from altercations except with each other.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I know for sure specie Mala Wolf and Redbelly Piranha are not compatible.

Reactions: dr exum

godfirst

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 24, 2019
USA
For the moment my wolf tends to stay out of the way. He has moved to laying on the bottom like an ambush predator, not moving until it's time to strike. It's as if the other fish don't see him.IMG_0464.jpg

Last edited:

Sevastopol

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2019
KG-348
My wolf is not the Malabaricus species. He is a Erythrinus wolf - the smaller and less aggressive type. I noticed that the tank was split between him and the Pygos, and that the wolf chased away any Pygo that got in his vicinity, so I think it was only a matter of time before something happened anyway......

Reactions: tlindsey

godfirst

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 24, 2019
USA
My wolf is not the Malabaricus species. He is a Erythrinus wolf - the smaller and less aggressive type. I noticed that the tank was split between him and the Pygos, and that the wolf chased away any Pygo that got in his vicinity, so I think it was only a matter of time before something happened anyway......
That's what I think is eventually going to happen to my dovii. He does the same thing to any fish.

Reactions: Sevastopol

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Yes I lost a Erythinrus Purple Wolf a few months ago. Just was stating Mala and Redbelly are not compatible.

Sevastopol

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2019
KG-348
For the moment my wolf tends to stay out of the way. He has moved to laying on the bottom like an ambush predator, not moving until it's time to strike. It's as if the other fish don't see him.View attachment 1392551
I noticed that my wolf kinda hovered in the back and corner of the tank. He never freely swam around, unless it was feeding time. I'm assuming that this was because there were six other razor theethed carnivores that were also inhabiting the tank with him, so he kept a low profile.

Reactions: godfirst
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store