Severum bullying

Rohit rai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2017
Hey guys
I have two gold severum & two juvenile oscar in my tank but recently one of my male severum bullying other fish . This severum always try to push my other severum behind the river rock in my tank and dint let her out (actually i dont know its male or female) like he try her not to let the nest left alone .
Any help????

Imsobored152

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
Palm Bay, Fl
15-20 gallons is WAY too small. You'll need a much bigger tank to house those fish. the bigger they get, the more aggressive they'll be. So either upgrade now, or rehome them all and get a fish more suited to a small tank

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
I'm thinking that the bully is the more dominant of the group and it's going to get worse bc 20 gallons is way too small not even for one of those fish alone.

fish nerd 84

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
tennessee
Until you get a bigger tank ( which should be soon) I would suggest getting plants,rocks,decor etc to break up the line of sight between the fish. It also gives the ones being bullied some where to hid

Reactions: magpie

Rohit rai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2017
I'm thinking that the bully is the more dominant of the group and it's going to get worse bc 20 gallons is way too small not even for one of those fish alone.
I want to keep 6 to 8 fishes
How many severums or oscars can be kept together and in what size tank
Actually i am a begginner .we have no proper fish stores here in my city . So figuring it on my own and learning.

Rohit rai

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2017
Bu
Until you get a bigger tank ( which should be soon) I would suggest getting plants,rocks,decor etc to break up the line of sight between the fish. It also gives the ones being bullied some where to hid
But ive read that severum and oscars need more space to swim.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store