Shark and ray pond build

DanimalK

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2016
So I actually got a juvenile brown banded bamboo shark from someone who bought one and then realised his reef tank wasn't the right setup for it haha. I think the next shark will be a marbled cat shark or something similar as to not get huge. I dont wanna do horn sharks or smooth hounds mainly because of the cold water and also size. Thanks for the link, I live in southern california so local is a good option but just wondered about online options as well! Thanks guys!

Reactions: twentyleagues

DanimalK

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2016
UPDATE!
So I ended up ordering a marbled catshark from aqualocker. So in the pond now is a baby brown banded bamboo shark, a juvenile marbled catshark and a volitan lionfish. So far all are doing well and eating fine. The marbled just came in yesterday but acclimated well and ate frozen silver sides from the tongs today. Here's some pics20190927_092454.jpg20190925_193526.jpg20190925_193434.jpg20190925_174122.jpg

DanimalK

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2016
Thansk for the link aquadog.
Sorry for the poor quality in pics, just cellphone pics. I really wish I knew how to upload videos on here cause they are definitely better than still images to appre site these beauties
Also thanks for all the help and info from everyone so far!!

Aquadog

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2009
CA
While keeping an eye out for the lion, start picking up the Bamboo and let it eat out of your hand. It will get used to you holding it. I really liked Aqualocker. I recently got my Saddleback grouper from them.

Good choices on sharks.

DanimalK

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2016
The to gs I use are very small and mainly for the lionfish and marbled catshark while it adjusts to my hand being in the pond. I have fed the bamboo from hand and pretty much held it while it eats and it doesnt seem to mind so far haha

DanimalK

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2016
I know this thread is kind of dead because really not much interesting stuff going on recently. The 2 sharks and lion are doing well. The bamboo comes out and eats like a pig, the marble will only eat if I bring him out and put food right in front of him. Gonna try and get some fresh squid to see if that entices the marble to come out more. Here's a few new pics

DanimalK

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2016
Got some new additions!!
2 stingrays, one is a baby California ray and the other I'm not sure, I believe it is a california ray as well just happens to have really pronounced yellow spots (if anyone has any ideas about what this is let me know)

Reactions: Aquadog
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store