Short Body Red Texas Nuchal Hump?

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
I like short body RT but I don't like how their head slopes down like this one
48621793783_6f3741271a_b.jpg
Is it possible for me to get my male and female RT to have Nuchal Humps so they don't look like that? And would it be possible for them to have Nuchal Humps without grooming? I'm hoping to get them to look like this.
29749946_2019229581438080_4683400163012042964_o~2.jpg

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Btw not trying to sound mean by any means but the pics you posted are of SRT (just not fully peeled) not regular RT. A RT is going to be extremely hard to tell apart from a GT other then a slight reddish hue.

But don't worry, it seems like the majority of ppl mislable SRT for RT just because its got the word red in it.

Reactions: Cichlids keeper

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
Btw not trying to sound mean by any means but the pics you posted are of SRT (just not fully peeled) not regular RT. A RT is going to be extremely hard to tell apart from a GT other then a slight reddish hue.

But don't worry, it seems like the majority of ppl mislable SRT for RT just because its got the word red in it.
Also not trying to be rude but in my personal opinion Rt and Srt are the same, Srt is just something breeders say to show that their rt is great, it's like when they say it's a masterpiece. I also heard that some breeders call it a Srt when it has a rt mother and father. I've never heard that what you said before.
Oh btw that red Texas was fully peeled the guy had it for years and it always had the black spot on it's face, some of them just keep some of the black spots on them for some reason.

Reactions: Ruturaj

jsoto2005

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2017
Also not trying to be rude but in my personal opinion Rt and Srt are the same, Srt is just something breeders say to show that their rt is great, it's like when they say it's a masterpiece. I also heard that some breeders call it a Srt when it has a rt mother and father. I've never heard that what you said before.
Oh btw that red Texas was fully peeled the guy had it for years and it always had the black spot on it's face, some of them just keep some of the black spots on them for some reason.
+1

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Super is a marketing word denoting high quality for red dragon flowerhorns and red texas. So it's in grey area to be called as same or different. I think both are right in different context.

Reactions: Cichlids keeper

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
The term "Super" RT has been so over used and abused that it makes no difference at this pint.

Then it wasn't fully peeled. A fully peeled/faded fish does not retain any black pigment. See following link for more info.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store