Sources for big tanks?

Seedy J

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2018
Colorado, USA
Get a second opinion on what glass thickness will be required if you go with Glass Cages. I've never dealt with them myself but someone on my local aquarium group posted pics of their living room flooded with 1500 gallons of water because their custom Glass Cages tank (looked like it was just glass on the front) broke. It was the thickness they recommended but lots of people in the group said it was way too thin for the application.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Cmon Black Friday sale. We can set a reminder for you to make sure you don’t miss it. Lol
I'm getting a bonus from work, but I don't know when lol. If I get it before the 26th, the day the sale ends, I can get the 8x3x3. If I get the check after, I may have to go a little smaller on the tank to keep it affordable.

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I'm getting a bonus from work, but I don't know when lol. If I get it before the 26th, the day the sale ends, I can get the 8x3x3. If I get the check after, I may have to go a little smaller on the tank to keep it affordable.
No worries. It’s always easier to spend someone else’s money when talking about a big tank. I understand the sky is not always the limit. Sounds like you just shelled out a bunch of dough on that sweet property.

Is this project (the house) on that same property with the carnivorous plants?

Reactions: Chicxulub and Dloks

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
No worries. It’s always easier to spend someone else’s money when talking about a big tank. I understand the sky is not always the limit. Sounds like you just shelled out a bunch of dough on that sweet property.

Is this project (the house) on that same property with the carnivorous plants?
It is!

There is a long, skinny access easement for the property that is about an acre that one must travel through before arriving at the virgin flatwoods where the cool stuff is growing. I intend to put the house near the back of the access easement so that I have a nice view of where the property opens up to the flatwoods:

FB_IMG_1542766326733.jpg

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Awesome :stingray:

Reactions: Chicxulub
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store