Stocking Adjustment Question

AG458

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2017
You'll 'try' to hold off? You already have fish that can't live in that tank all that much longer. Try to think of their care. In the meantime, surf around here, look at other people's stockings and tanks, and save up money for a 300 gallon. Then you can start buying these fish. What's the point of getting these cool fish if you're going to keep them in a tiny box? It's like getting a great dane and keeping it in a crate all day long so you can stare at it.
What's the average cost of a 300g?

AG458

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2017
You'll 'try' to hold off? You already have fish that can't live in that tank all that much longer. Try to think of their care. In the meantime, surf around here, look at other people's stockings and tanks, and save up money for a 300 gallon. Then you can start buying these fish. What's the point of getting these cool fish if you're going to keep them in a tiny box? It's like getting a great dane and keeping it in a crate all day long so you can stare at it.
What's the average cost of a 300g?

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I'm not sure. You can get some great deals on Craigslist or Offer Up if you're patient.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Some aro keepers would say a silver needs biggwr than a 300 but i wouldnt know from experience having never kelt one. Im sure someone will chime in.

Searxh the mfk market place 300 are always up for sale

Reactions: magpie and AG458

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
I don't to beat a dead horse or sound negative. So, don't read this as a negative. But I wonder what is the purpose of asking the same question about something which people have universally agreed is the answer?

The tank is too small for any of those fish and most if properly cared for will outgrow it in 1 more month. (This was first brought up in early June. A 4-5'" CK can easily outgrow a 60 in 2 months.)

If you don't have massive cash to buy a huge tank (huge = 300+), price not being an object, and a place to put it, some of these fish should be getting re-housed right now, imo, the CK being first.

Reactions: magpie

AG458

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2017
I don't to beat a dead horse or sound negative. So, don't read this as a negative. But I wonder what is the purpose of asking the same question about something which people have universally agreed is the answer?

The tank is too small for any of those fish and most if properly cared for will outgrow it in 1 more month. (This was first brought up in early June. A 4-5'" CK can easily outgrow a 60 in 2 months.)

If you don't have massive cash to buy a huge tank (huge = 300+), price not being an object, and a place to put it, some of these fish should be getting re-housed right now, imo, the CK being first.
No, don't worry about it, I agree with you guys. I get it. My tank is too small. I hope they don't grow too quickly; I want the bigger tank before my current stock outgrows it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store