Stocking ideas for 75 gallon tank

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Ok. I heard you can’t really sex kissing gouramis, but I don’t want to spend 80 bucks on Congo tetras and they get eaten. I do like Congo tetras. I like pearl gouramis but looking for something with a little more size. I don’t know, just looking for a 6 - 12 inch peaceful and colorful fish
congo tetras get 2/3 inch? pear gouramis can reach the 5 inch aswell? thats about the biggest size i would normally recommend in a 50inch tank.
12 inch fish dont fit in your tank. thats a 3 times there body lenght tank. And 18inch is also not a very nice size for a 12 inch fish to turn.

PB&Jcichlids

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2022
I don’t want my bichir to eat the congos. Even though the congos get 3 inches, I didn’t know if my bichir would see them as a snack when he gets older.

Something Fishy Here

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2022
I would go with severums, like a pair of Rotkeill and as for dithers maybe something cheap enough to lose one now and then like giant danios, or go something big enough to not get eaten like rainbows but then you might get cramped.

PB&Jcichlids

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2022
What would my water changes have to be if I went with a pair of severums, a pair of pearl gouramis, and 8 Congo tetras. Keep in mind I have a delhezi.

Something Fishy Here

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2022
Well the more the merrier as far as wcs go. My best guess would be 50% a week but would recommend getting a decent water test kit like API master test kit,its like $25 on amazon. Test your water regularly,especially nitrates. If they run high do more frequent or larger water changes.

Something Fishy Here

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2022
Also its Ben awhile since i was keeping the Rotkeils but i believe this and the red green and gold varieties all stay in three 7 to 8 inch range but there's another Heros severum that i think gets up to a foot long, probably too big for your tank unless it was pretty close to alone.

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
I don’t want my bichir to eat the congos. Even though the congos get 3 inches, I didn’t know if my bichir would see them as a snack when he gets older.
i dont think bichirs eat the congo tetras

PB&Jcichlids

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2022
Could I do 40% water changes a week (I can bump it up to 50 whenever needed) but the fish would be,
- 10 tiger barbs
- The delhezi bichir I have
- A pair of red spotted severums
- Senegal bichir
- Either a pair of kissing gouramis or 5 pearl gouramis, (please comment if one isn’t adequate)
- (possibly) 2 African leaf fish
- 5 hoplo cats
If any should be deleted just tell me and I will edit this

Something Fishy Here

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2022
Maybe when they're small, gotta keep doing water tests to see what water charge schedule is needed. That's starting to sound a little crowded, but maybe ok. I haven't kept gouramis in over 15 years so no advice on those. The tiger barbs will nibble on everyones fins, not great with peaceful fish like severums and gouramis

Reactions: neko1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store