Stocking ideas for 75 gallon tank

Something Fishy Here

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2022
Are you in the U.S.? 1you can get an api master test kit and test your own any time,their not expensive, maybe $25 on amazon. A good thing to have around

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Yeah a royal pleco would be fine but plecos are dirty fish and poop machines. Have you tested your nitrates out of the tap?
I’d recommend no Royal pleco. Most Royal plecos get about 2 feet, not only that they produce a lot of waste which in turn increases nitrates.

Reactions: neko1

weston

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2015
So I’ll get it tested there
Scrap the appistogramma and definitely no rams, if you want added color Do A blue acara instead of the dwarf cichlids! the acara and Severum will do great together as far as cichlids go they are both super peaceful and too big for bichir to take down I have some together now with zero issues a 75 is kinda small for 2 adult Severum with the other fish mentioned if they start spawning I’d probably just do 1 of each cichlid you could swap out the second Severum with something else and not have to deal with fights breaking out you could do a chocolate cichlids firemouth festivus angelfish or even earth eaters the pleco would be fine but a total poop machine I gotta agree with what the last guy said

Something Fishy Here

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2022
If you're looking for plecos with minimal bioload look at bristle nose. Stay around 4 to 5 inches full grown and do a decent job cleaning algae.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store