Stubborn bass

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Or you could just buy Tiger Barbs wholesale...:)

I think that presentation is another key factor in fooling difficult eaters. If they eat only live feeders, then starve them for a couple days before throwing in one small live feeder. When they take it, follow up with another thrown in the exact same place and way. After a couple small feeders, maybe over a couple different feeding sessions like this, they are waiting for it and hit the live feeder as soon as it touches the water. Once they are at that stage, throw in a live one...and then, when they take it, immediately follow up with a dead one. Odds are they will hit it. From there, it's an easy progression to pellet-stuffed feeders, then feeder-scented pellets, and then just pellets.

The smaller the feeder, the better; smaller ones mean that more of them can be fed at each meal, so the training goes much more quickly.

And, as stated before...no other foods should be offered until the fish are completely comfortable with the pellets as an ongoing food source.
I’ll follow what you and Matteus stated, I’ll just buy tiger barbs and for the first few I’ll just dust it, and for the next few I’ll stuff it with pellets. I’ll throw it at the same spot hard, and eventually Instead of tiger barbs I’ll use pellets instead :)

Reactions: Matteus

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Great news, I noticed the peacock bass eating market shrimp today when I threw it hard into the water :) . The arowana eats the shrimp occasionally too... now it’s just the gar left which I need to train, but it’s still petrified of me.

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store